Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Hermes parcels, absolute morons.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
FISHBOY

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

I had a message on my phone that my Hermes delivery had been signed by "side gate" Shocked
 Last of the D4 HSE...  
Post #207779922nd Aug 2019 9:00 am
Washwipe

England 

Hermes are an absolute shower followed closely by Yodel.

I just lost an eBay claim due to Hermes, have not received the item that the POD states, signed for by the recipient, I was fifteen miles away when they say it was delivered, the cameras show we had no one enter our property that day apart from the postman yet the claim has been closed in the sellers favour at the Hermes tracking (which I am not allowed to see and according to Hermes eBay can’t see it either) shows the vehicle in the vicinity at the time, so it seems if they just go near where you live, do a squiggle on the POD and it’s classed as delivered.
And getting to speak to someone at Hermes is a challenge in itself, they promised to look into it and let me know, two days later an email received from Hermes, we’ve interviewed the driver but as he does around hundred and fifty deliveries per day he cannot remember the delivery. Thud

Yodel, ordered a few months ago, to be delivered to work,, three days after is was supposedly delivered I still hadn’t seen it, online tracking shows the vehicle in the area of the post code but 700 yards away from where we are, but classed as delivered, that case I won. Where I work there are metal gates which open from 8am to 5pm automatically as the vehicle approaches and triggers the sensors which detect the metal of a vehicle, I’ve seen the video footage of the Yodel driver lobbing the goods over the gate at 10.45 in the morning if he had drove to the gate it would have opened for him.

Now I check who is delivering, if it says along the lines of “economy delivery” or similar I buy elsewhere as nine times out of ten it’s one or the other.

Post #207791122nd Aug 2019 6:28 pm
Washwipe

England 

FISHBOY wrote:
I had a message on my phone that my Hermes delivery had been signed by "side gate" Shocked

Had a parcel left by Amazon last Saturday, it had been thrown over the gate at the side of the house, this is despite telling him when he pressed the Ring doorbell there is a parcel box by the gate, also states on our Amazon details there is a parcel box, he put a card through the door stating parcel delivered “up back side”.

Post #207791222nd Aug 2019 6:34 pm
James W

United Kingdom 

Awaiting a parcel all day today, got a helpful time slot on email of "Between 9am and 5pm". About 3pm got an email ping it's been delivered - strange, I've been sat in the study working all day. Check the signature online and it's a shakily-written "POST"

Go searching, through the post box, by the garden post, neighbours, fence posts, posted behind the caravan, in the hedge, everywhere. Spent a good 20 mins searching.

Spend all afternoon crawling through their live chat as won't accept phone calls, at last check I was number 129 in the queue. Obviously a lot of happy customers just wanting to call up to say thanks.

Eventually, whilst still waiting, I caught some clown trying to slip the parcel quietly through the postbox about 10 mins ago, sheepishly he explained he'd "pressed the wrong button" at a similar address mid afternoon, and apparently there is "no way of undoing it", never thought to drop me a quick text or call Rolling Eyes

Useless. Banging Head
 D4 XS, gone, much loved, never forgotten
2018 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography - WTF does this button do 

Post #207931729th Aug 2019 5:12 pm
robsmith

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Wet afternoon...
Herpes van in front stops blocking road
Driver dashes out of van, no parcel in hand, past car waiting to get out of drive onto the road
Herpes driver dashes back from house to van and drives off
Car follows van along the road
Van stops, driver dashes out to a house
Driver of car gets out and blocks van driver from getting back into van
Argument ensues
Person comes from house, and joins argument
Herpes driver goes to back of van and gets parcels out of van and hands parcels to car driver and person from house with a very low level of courtesy.
 Rob Smith
Silver rools OK

Post #207932329th Aug 2019 5:26 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

Martin wrote:

The fact that Google/Apple are unaccountable regarding their mapping (and other stuff) is irritating, near me a road is labelled as a canal Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

I guess you get what you pay for. As Google Maps is free to use, I don't see how we can hold them accountable for errors.
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #207932729th Aug 2019 5:45 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

The BBC did a story about this whole parcel delivery problem t'other day:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-49398068
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #207932829th Aug 2019 5:49 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

RRSTDV8 wrote:

I guess you get what you pay for. As Google Maps is free to use, I don't see how we can hold them accountable for errors.

Depends on how your define free. We trade our personal data and online activity with Google in exchange for access to their services. That's not free on my book.
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #207933229th Aug 2019 6:13 pm
Grianaig

Scotland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Same as retail outlets and shopping malls plastered with “Free Wi-fi” signs. You need to give personal data to get access. Definitely no “Free” Wi-fi.
 2014 MY Discovery XS Indus Silver. Sadly gone. Second last LR of forty eight years continuous ownership.  
Post #207933429th Aug 2019 6:33 pm
leeds

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

This morning drove into the business park , turned left and immediately spotted a parcel outside the locked gates leading to our unit.

Across the yard about 25 metres away was 2 companies working away with open roller shutter doors who would have taken it in.

That was Yodel for you.

Thank you Yodel for not throwing over a set of 10' gates and leaving it where any passerby could just pick it up.

Brendan

Post #207934229th Aug 2019 6:49 pm
jonno1

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Eastern European delivery drivers are the worst by a mile. We have a large traditional cast iron door knocker but they almost always tap on the front door which is traditional oak. No way we can hear them so it's a lottery as to whether we get our deliveries.

Post #207936229th Aug 2019 7:41 pm
James W

United Kingdom 

Ooh look what's just arrived. This should be fun for a Friday morning. Smile

D4 XS, gone, much loved, never forgotten
2018 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography - WTF does this button do 

Post #207945630th Aug 2019 6:16 am
Someone-Gone

United Kingdom 

The PO excelled themselves this week.

Not only do they operate in stealth mode which could teach the SAS a thing or two, which is annoying when your actually in the house, but when you ask them to redeliver the next day a non signed item that could have been popped through the letter box, it’s 5 days later that you actually get the item.

Post #207946030th Aug 2019 6:41 am
Washwipe

England 

Amazon have delivered today, at least they know where the unlocked parcel box (iBin) is Rolling Eyes

Post #20816467th Sep 2019 3:08 pm
Washwipe

England 
No improvement at Hermes

Apologies for the source, I didn’t find it, someone sent it to me.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11909548/del...postcodes/

Post #215540820th Jun 2020 9:00 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >