Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

Help! Suspension Problem
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hiya

I had this and was difficult trying to pin it down, so what I did was make up fittings etc , including an isolating valve and pressure gauge, is circled in the picture

So u can get some small 6mm pushfit isolating valves on eBay , fit them i to both struts and another one where the pipe comes from ur reservoir valve

So then u can start the engine , then put the suspension into off road height , with the valves installed turn one off at a time, allow for several hours to pass as u turn them on and off I turn

That’s way ur be able to pin down which line the leak is on

The one I got had the gauge , so u could turn it round and would tell me which side the leak was on, mine had more leaks than a colander, lol, I also vacuumed test each line because mine at first wouldn’t hold any pressure what so ever , so had to make up a lot more kit to resolve the issue

Plus also found one of my front struts leaking , so replaced them as a pair, they only leaked in off road height

Hope that helps a little

Post #215400214th Jun 2020 9:34 pm
pwheeldon

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Cheers Gary.

At least I know its got to be tge front end. There's a place nearby that do compressor equipment, they're really helpful as I found out when I did SWMBO RRS compressor.
I think your plan is a goox one, ill get an islkator and a few through connectors and check each one.

Just a bit Censored off as there was a little bit if white dust in the valve and i thought I'd sorted it!!

Plus whilst checking the reservoir I've seen that tge sills are rusted Mad
 Discovery 4 GS 2009 Auto Stornoway Grey
Discovery 3 s 2005 Auto Bonatti Grey Gone
Discovery 3 SE 2005 Manual Zambezi Silver Gone
Range Rover Sport HSE 2006 Black
Aston Martin DB7 VV 

Post #215400614th Jun 2020 9:42 pm
gstuart

Also u can use the brake hand vacuum pumps to test ur front valve and lines , using the bigger one for ur struts

Incorporate a pressure gauge and ur soon see if that line, valve block is leaking

Done the same after rebuilding my valve block, used the vacuum pump and wouldn’t hold meaning the O rings were letting by

Just found it an easy way to prove 100% if they were sound or not

Post #215400714th Jun 2020 9:42 pm
gstuart

pwheeldon wrote:
Cheers Gary.

At least I know its got to be tge front end. There's a place nearby that do compressor equipment, they're really helpful as I found out when I did SWMBO RRS compressor.
I think your plan is a goox one, ill get an islkator and a few through connectors and check each one.

Just a bit Censored off as there was a little bit if white dust in the valve and i thought I'd sorted it!!

Plus whilst checking the reservoir I've seen that tge sills are rusted Mad

Ur so welcome, indeed I also had a nightmare and was chasing my tail so indeed took a step back and found using isolating valves, pressure gauge and vacuum pumps ideal to 100% prove each line, valve blocks were sound

Also easy way to test ur air tank in situ, disconnect the air line , vacuum pump and gauge and see if it holds

Good call, dam it that’s a bit of a sod , lucky with mine as when I used dinitrol on the entire chassis and body everything was ok

Yep, also had that white dust , caused havoc throughout the system, but had been neglected on mine for a while so took weeks to sort it out

Please let us know how u get on and of course like many am always happy to help where I can

Post #215400914th Jun 2020 9:49 pm
eliekabwemisoko@gmail.com

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Causeway GreyDiscovery 3

Bonjour ! a tout les mondes du Forums j'ai un problème avec la Landrover Discovery 3 année 2006, il démarrer au quart de tour sans rater ni éxitation, mais la Jeep ne tire pas.[/i]

Post #216966724th Aug 2020 1:23 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >