Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Help Please!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
JoJo

France 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Help Please!

New to the site so please forgive me If I have posted my prob under the wrong title Bow down

I would really apreciate if anyone has any ideas or pointers how to deal with an unreliable and rude dealership in France Crying or Very sad

The disco went for a 60.000mile service at landrover, (Niort, France)!
Picked the car up, Paid the bill, drove the car for a day and reported to my husband that I thought it was missing(he laughed A. me being female and B. At my technical terminology) Laughing

We drove the car back to the dealership, he did a short diagnosis, "It could be the injector"! by this time he had been so rude we decided to drive back to our local friendly garage with the print out! They changed one of the injectors, we paid, left drove the car and still not driving properly! Took the car back and it had to go to the dealership to go on the computer for full diagnostics(NOW They think! all 6 injectors need replacing)! they had the car 2weeks just trying to diagnose With another big fat bill! What do I do? Help!
1. Would the diagnosis be a sure thing or a could be?
2. I have been reading other threads on the forum and wondering if it could be an EGRvalve?
Tried to keep it as short as poss I am not a mechanic but feeling a little cheated here any thoughts would be superb Bow down Thanks!
 TDV6 SE Buckingham Blue
DISCO1 - Adriatic Blue
Jeep Wrangler Sahara Edition 

Post #4126901st Feb 2009 12:45 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Injectors are not a common problem, and you have to ask the question, why did they fail after a service? Far more likely to be an egr valve, and also a lot cheaper to fix I would imagine.

There are some people on here who ahve blanked off the egr system, that would be even cheaper still.

There is no chance you have put petrol in it is there?

Post #4127071st Feb 2009 1:31 pm
JoJo

Thanks for the feed back, I am blonde but No- diesel only Rolling with laughter I don't supose you would know wether it would be a common practice on a 60,000 service to pick up on a problem such as injectors or egr system.
It seems odd to me that they let me drive off the forecourt with no negative feedback about the car, Yet when I returned 2 days later claiming the car wasn't running well! They claimed it was a coincidence and produced the injector prob.
I was given the bill for the diagnostic and also they had charged me for a new fuel filter, I have been left wondering Should that have been picked up on the service too? Thanks!
 TDV6 SE Buckingham Blue
DISCO1 - Adriatic Blue

Post #4127211st Feb 2009 1:55 pm
DN
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

If the vehicle was running properly before the service, I'd be wondering if they had swapped an injector for a faulty one. Shocked or added something to the fuel that made it run badly.........Depends which service they did on it, the Fuel filter is not changed at every service (every other one, I think).

Post #4127241st Feb 2009 2:13 pm
JoJo

60,000 miles,just before christmas.... I have now lost all confidence and if all the injectors are changed as proposed by the garage This is very costly! I don't think they know what they are talking about! does anyone know if I want a copy of the diagnostics report they should give me one? Thanks.
 TDV6 SE Buckingham Blue
DISCO1 - Adriatic Blue

Post #4127301st Feb 2009 2:36 pm
frogall

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

I had exactly this after first service.

Stealer had to get LR Diesel expert in from Solihull to diagnose fault.

Turned out they had changed the fuel filter, and then put the fuel pipes back on the pump the wrong way round, thus reversing the flow of diesel past the injectors. LR man said it shouldn't have run at all, but it did - just a bit like a tractor.

Put the fuel line back the right way and it's run perfectly ever since.

Recommend you get the Stealer to check this - apparently the pipes are not marked, so a novice fitter can easily get it wrong.

Thumbs Up
 I'm on a whisky diet. I've lost three days already.  
Post #4127321st Feb 2009 2:46 pm
DN
D3 Decade 

If it was a true 60k service,then I believe the fuel filter change should have been included in that service. I have asked for diagnostics print outs before and been given them without a problem. I don't know if you then took it somewhere else though, that they may want to repeat it all again, thus charging you even more. Sorry it's not much help I know.

Post #4127341st Feb 2009 2:46 pm
JoJo

Thumbs Up No probs, we bought the car in August, all we did was send it to the LR garage for the service instead of our ususal garage and we are being slapped with bills left right and centre and its still not mended! Does anyone know wether the diagnostics actually pin point the problem specifically or is it all if buts and maybes? Confused Banging Head I wish i had kept my series 3 swb
 TDV6 SE Buckingham Blue
DISCO1 - Adriatic Blue

Post #4127461st Feb 2009 3:17 pm
DN
D3 Decade 

Frogall's post above is certainly a possibility, and an easy fix. There was a diagram of the fuel filter and colour coded connections on here somewhere, but I'm blowed if I can find it.(pipe connectors are coloured,but usefully, no colours on filter to match up to, from what I remember, so you need the diagram for position reference). Mods, help!..... Laughing

Post #4127501st Feb 2009 3:28 pm
The Large One

England 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

try this

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic13122.html?highlight=wjn500025
What's been said about fuel pipe reversal is correct, we've had them dragged in from so called pro non LR garages which fail to run after dong a filter service
 TLO has left the building.......
I no longer work for a Landrover Dealer

My little chilli sauce business http://www.thechillees.co.uk
if you would like to order anything just give me a shout 

Post #4127551st Feb 2009 3:41 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Re: Help Please!

JoJo wrote:

I would really apreciate if anyone has any ideas or pointers how to deal with an unreliable and rude dealership in France Crying or Very sad

They wouldn't be French by any chance. Whistle

Seriously what is the next nearest dealer to you if they cannot sort.
If it is the fuel lines make sure that you get your money back for the unnecessary work.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #4127611st Feb 2009 3:58 pm
London Lad

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I give even money JoJo finds the filter is piped up wrong.
You should never argue with idiots because they will just drag you down to their level....then beat you with experience ! 

Post #4127631st Feb 2009 4:06 pm
JoJo

Re: Help Please!

caverD3 wrote:
JoJo wrote:

They wouldn't be French by any chance. Whistle

Seriously what is the next nearest dealer to you if they cannot sort.
If it is the fuel lines make sure that you get your money back for the unnecessary work.

Laughing Afraid so! There are 3 LR garages all 1-2 hrs away the prob is the 2 we haven't been too (if they have massive problems they send them to the garage we have used) If you don't come under the garage postcode they will aways send you back to our nearest, Which unfortunately was the one that told us to change the injector and now all injectors! Shocked
 TDV6 SE Buckingham Blue
DISCO1 - Adriatic Blue

Post #4127691st Feb 2009 4:19 pm
London Lad

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

What are you doing posting here, get a torch and get under that car and check the fuel pipes Very Happy Thumbs Up
You should never argue with idiots because they will just drag you down to their level....then beat you with experience ! 

Post #4127711st Feb 2009 4:22 pm
JoJo

Thumbs Up Have you got a picture? I Would If I knew which way they should be, My husbands away in Germany so i usually get all the crappy jobs! Anything to get the car back on track without getting ripped off! Sad
 TDV6 SE Buckingham Blue
DISCO1 - Adriatic Blue

Post #4127761st Feb 2009 4:29 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >