DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Help! need to pick someone's brain - Suspension fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
tafa

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 3
Help! need to pick someone's brain - Suspension fault

Hi, need help from the disco gods in here Bow down

My Hitachi compressor finally gave up 9 months ago and I had it changed for an AMK from AERSUS in Germany, which was fine for just over 9 months.

I had a fault pop up last month C1A2712 and C1A2064 Read with my IID tool and found the relay wasn't changed when they replaced the compressor so ordered one, fitted it and all was good.

I then had a fault pop up a week later C1A2064 And C11307A so read and cleared the faults.

Then a couple of weeks ago I started getting a suspension fault warning again not long after start up and sometimes a little while longer every time.

I checked the valves with the IID tool and found I could raise the rear and front etc but the left front would take a lot longer then the rest... (poss front valve leak or front left bag?)

Then in the morning the other day I found the front down and when starting the car it wouldn't raise and read C113192 and C1A2064 and could only get the back moving.

I then decided to deflate all the system with the IId tool just in case it was a sticking front valve and when enabling eas it now wont raise up or down at all, even using the valve test on the IID tool.

I had the service kits for all 3 valves so decided to service all 3 and still no joy, so decided it must be a leak and took it to a mechanic.

He said the compressor is faulty so purchased a new original AMK from the UK as sending the other one back under warranty would take 2weeks minimum there and back.

He replaced the compressor said it went up when starting the car and then went back down and again wont do anything.

Fault code now is C1A001D which comes up straight away and compressor does not even try to run, as the other compressor would run and then display a fault.

My hunch is I have a leak, would a leak on the front air spring or reservoir cause the compressor not to fill the rest of the system up?

Any help much appreciated as the mechanic is saying the new compressor is faulty.

Post #22503028th Sep 2021 5:25 pm
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

The system fills the gallery first, this is all the pipes, valves and airbags, when that is filled to pressure then the res is filled last.

Look to make sure non of the height sensors are stuck or sticking, also if you have had the valves off are all the pipe connections connected to the correct locations.

Also check all the wires to the height sensors and valves as one might be broken

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #22503038th Sep 2021 5:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
tafa

Hi thanks for your help.

Definitely not wrong pipes connected to the valves I serviced as I marked each pipe with diff colored tape and took pics to remind me just in case Smile

So in theory then if it fills the gallery pipes etc first and there is a leak on the pipe going to the front valve, then none of the pipes/bags etc can be filled and a fault gets displayed?

What I cant get my head around is if there is a leak on the front bag or valve why cant I fill the rear bags when i use the IID tool to fill the rear valve/bags only. (would this then indicate the issue is with the reservoir valve as the compressor goes through here first)

Post #22503048th Sep 2021 6:09 pm
tafa

After looking at the Schematic of the Pneumatic Circuit makes a lot more sense now that if there is a leak in the gallery/reservoir valve block or connectors, it wont let me fill the corner bags separately while using the IID tool. (this answers my previous question Whistle )

So looking more likely a leak in this area...

I read a similar post years back and it was a air pipe going to the front or rear valve block that had sprung a leak above the chassis or anti roll bar area (cut or rubbed against and made a hole) but cant find it using the search.
Can anyone help or knows where this location is on the car please?

I think it was Disco_Mikey who found the fault in the post or commented with the same found fault?
Thanks

Post #22503679th Sep 2021 10:07 am
tafa

Faults found

I Went down to the garage today with my IID Tool as I wasn't excepting that the 2nd compressor was faulty with the fault code that was read and with a better understanding of the system. (Fault code C1A00-1D)

The mechanics a nice guy and just cleared one of his car lifts and let me dictate to one of his guys to fault find.

I found the compressor outlet pipe had been squished behind the compressor and also the rear valve electrical connection had worked loose (I pushed the electrical connection back in and cable tied just in case)

Cleared codes and gallery etc filled up, held its pressure and the car is working again Mr. Green Mr. Green 8)

I testing the front/rear valves and all corners separately, they all go up at the same speed/time and pressure was holding (so the valves I serviced with the new o rings sorted the leak that I had that messed up the last compressor running almost constantly Mr. Green

Thanks Flack Thumbs Up for your help

Post #22504589th Sep 2021 11:35 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >