DISCO3.CO.UK > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

Help or advice ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
D'arkuk

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

JMC.
Quote:
Sitting on the fence here, you have ordered and paid a deposit on a 'bespoke' vehicle. The dealer has presumably ordered this on your behalf and he is now at the mercy of LR. Their building of your machine has been slowed - probably by holidays and enhancements etc.

It isn't your fault and, in fairness, it isn't the dealers fault either. If they have not given you a firm delivery date, in writing, then perhaps you can only hope for some good will.
I do appreciate that its not there fault (although I do question that they can’t cancel or change an order with Landrover) directly. However as a customer you don’t get the option to buy off Landrover direct or I would have. I also did get a delivery date off them for July (as per the order form) and I specified at the time of the order that I needed the car for the 22nd of Aug or I would not place the order. They / Landrover messed that up and I gave them another chance, which they then messed up. What more can I as a customer do?
Quote:
The simple (pre-legal) answer would be to explain to the dealer that you would 'like' a demo car to cover your holidays etc. The dealer doesn't have to provide this though.
I would have been overjoyed with that, but right now all I’m getting off them is a very hard and confusing attitude best described as TUFF.
Quote:
Perhaps a call to LR customer services would be a good move. Thereafter, if you are really not happy, get a solicitor to cancel your order and demand the refund. Finally, the local rag will want to know of any dealer who is looking like a stealer.....
Thay are both on my list.
Quote:
I will be very surprised if you don't get something your way. In fact, I'm very surprised you haven't already. Perhaps a new approach could be required
I have bent over backwards, I have been forgiving and accommodating, and when they told me today that I was having the car or they where having my money, I did (politely) get strong with them. So if you can suggest a new approach I would be very happy to give it ago.

P.S. It’s very hard to get the feel of a post right, I’m not being critical or sarcastic. I’m just desperate.

Post #7890516th Aug 2006 2:37 pm
Pelyma

England 

I would argue the verbal contract route or try for a loan car for your holiday. I doubt LR will want to know, you have no contractual relationship with them. Best of luck though.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #7890716th Aug 2006 2:41 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Hmmm, I have an S with lots of factory options, I only put down a £1000 deposit (which the dealer never actually took until I collected the vehicle) when I bought mine.

Good luck with getting your issue resolved, whether you get the vehicle from them or not in the end I'd recommend voting with your feet (wheels?) and find another dealer to use in the future
 The End  
Post #7890916th Aug 2006 2:46 pm
D'arkuk

Pelyma. Judging from the way they have responded so far I’m also beginning to think the “verbal contract route” may be the only way to go, as I couldn’t have made it clearer and the sales man will at this point back me up.
Slimer. I did not expect this sort of thing with a main dealer or I two would only have put down a small deposit, at this point I'm trying to work out if I've been mugged or if I'm a mug.

Post #7891416th Aug 2006 3:00 pm
SN

Where is your location: M/C ?
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #7892016th Aug 2006 4:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JMC

Scotland 

D'arkuk wrote:
It’s very hard to get the feel of a post right, I’m not being critical or sarcastic. I’m just desperate.

OK mate! I fully understand your position and yet I am struggling to understand the dealers side of things. Confused Why would they want to give you (or any other customer) grief, when they will probably want your service custom more than the sales custom?

Time to give us an indication of who / where this dealer is in a gentlemanly way. Perhaps someone here will be able to assist.......

Post #7892716th Aug 2006 5:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
D'arkuk

Hi guy’s, I got pulled into I meeting late on Wed and had to be out of the office all day Thu, I’ve just got in this morning (Fri) and realised that I’ve left my P.C. on and was still logged into the D3 site. I’m sorry for any confusion and my late responses.
Qzdcg8 M/C => Manchester.
JMC
Quote:
OK mate! I fully understand your position and yet I am struggling to understand the dealers side of things. Why would they want to give you (or any other customer) grief, when they will probably want your service custom more than the sales custom?
I too think that something is odd very odd, but I can only give you the (honest) information that I have, and to make things even stranger I have to say that I had no problem with buying my Freelander and they have done all the servicing so far, and the next service is due now; Also when it developed a fault, they fixed it with no quibbles???
I was chatting to a friend of mine last night and he made the suggestion that because the current build 1 is coming to an end and changing from the S to the SX that the dealer may have had an extra sweet deal on the last of (to help get rid of them in time) the S range, how likely do you think that is?
Quote:
Time to give us an indication of who / where this dealer is in a gentlemanly way. Perhaps someone here will be able to assist.......
I didn’t intend to do that, I don’t want to come across as starting a vendetta/smear campaign, I am/was genuinely hoping to find someone that may have had a similar experience, I’m just looking for help and advice on how to resolve this very odd situation. I will try (getting to talk to the right person can be problematic in its self sometimes) to talk to them again today (if possible the principal) and if I still get the same response I will P.M. the dealer info to you.

P.S. Thank you all for your help and advice so far, I appreciate it.
P.P.S. Edited for spelling.

Post #7932518th Aug 2006 9:11 am
D'arkuk

Eureka. Fantastic news guys, I’ve just got off the phone after talking to the dealer principal a Mr Steve Otley at Guy Salmon (Stockport). After a brief introduction and a quick apology from Steve (just for the simple fact that we needed to talk in the first place) the conversation started with Steve affording me a good rant and the opportunity to give him my blow by blow account of the situation so far. The first thing he did was to apologise for the way things had gone, he then proceeded to give me a brief (but professional) overview of his situation at Guy Salmon and his thoughts on the over all situation, which instantly made me feel at ease (no small thing given how upset I was) and gave me the feeling that we should be able to sort something reasonable out between us. However Mr Steve Otley (without anything further from me) did not want to try to sort something out, he wanted (genuinely) to put everything right and did so immediately at there cost, he even offered to loan me a car. He then spent the last minuet’s of our conversation (genuinely) checking the relevant info that I had given him (all the way from call’s not returned to the bad decision that was made in the first place) so he could make sure that this situation never happens again, he then gave me his last apology and we ended the call. I have since talked to the one person that I had confidence in at Guy Salmon, my salesman Daniel Vernon (he’s been fighting my corner all the way) and he was overjoyed at the result but wanted to know what on earth I had said to Steve Otley; I got the impression that one or two people are hiding under there desks right now in the attempt to avoid Steve’s (genuine) wrath and fury. I am now looking forward to being the very proud owner of a new D3 (build 2) and would like to extend my thanks to all at Disco3.co.uk for all your help and support.

Post #7939718th Aug 2006 4:21 pm
DrLex

Iceland 

Yay!
Happy Friday indeed.
8)

(When you've the inclination, do a search for GS or Salmon on the site)
 Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana

Member of Club Med Sucks 

Post #7940118th Aug 2006 5:00 pm
Pelyma

England 

Great news and good on GS DP for sorting it out. Every company makes mistakes but it is how you resolve them that speaks volumes.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #7940218th Aug 2006 5:04 pm
SN

Fantastic news - Daniel Vernon was my salesman at Guy Salmon too - a good guy!
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)  

Last edited by SN on 18th Aug 2006 10:22 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #7942018th Aug 2006 9:50 pm
Cliff H

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I thought they could change the cars spec up to 24 hours before build day so they could revert the car to basic spec if they want to.
 Zermatt silver 06 reg.

Gone but not forgotten !!! 

Post #7942418th Aug 2006 10:08 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Great news. GS Stockport are pretty good, and I am glad you have a light at the end of the tunnel.

Post #7945019th Aug 2006 12:18 am
disco

Guys

For my understanding, when you say "build 2" am I right in thinking this is the next year's model but built the previous year, for example the 07 model year available at the end of 06?

Is this always/usually following the "summer shutdown"?

Just curious.

Post #8083427th Aug 2006 8:07 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >