DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

heated front seats
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Trucks

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
heated front seats

hi
i have just read an article about land rover heated seats which i found interesting and was wondering if you guys could help.
the issue is my heated seat,the drivers side is not working so i am looking to replace the heated pads or the seat itself so looking for a seat in beige and working properly, it has been a bit difficult as i have been looking for the specific seat for my car with obviously the heated pads in place, this is where i read the article outlined below
the article was written in 2004.
all discovery seats whether leather or fabric are built with the heated pads installed and the wiring harness from the heated pads is also connected under the seat.
when the buyer as when the car is ordered new or even sometime later wishes the seats to be heated the dealer fits the loom from the preinstalled switches to the connectors under the seat (it is called Heated seat activation kit) (supplied by land rover) so in theory i could buy any discovery seat coming from a car that has not been connected up for heated seats and just plug my connectors in as the pads are already built in the seat.
i know it sounds gobble de gook but you get the jist i am sure.

do you think that is the case i could copy and past the full article but was worried i might infringe someones rights,
any views or thoughts
pete

Post #217946311th Oct 2020 5:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >