Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

HDC fault SPECIAL PROGRAMS OFF
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
drome159

United States 2006 LR3 5.0 V8 SE Auto Alaska WhiteLR3
HDC fault SPECIAL PROGRAMS OFF

I have a yellow break light on I have a yellow triangle with circle antilock brake signal on and I have special program off h d c fault. At first I thought it was going to be a speed sensor. So I bought a front and a rear speed sensor for it but have not put them in yet because I don't know which beach has her to do yet haven't got it pinned down that far. Then I started reading where it could be some corrosion in my fuse box underneath the glove box. I am going to check that first to see if there's any corrosion there because I do have that notorious leak in my sunroof on the passenger side. I don't have the right type of scanner to scan all that although my says it will scan the ABS system for my Land Rover and it's not pulling that code. The only code I'm pulling is one for the y'all reach on the vehicle and that's because I have a red light because I have my air suspension taken out and coil springs put on. I replace the battery about a year ago and checked it on my battery machine I charged it on a battery analyzer I hate does the real real slow call Skype charging but I do that every 6 months religiously with all of my vehicles. So if I get time today I'm going to pull it into the garage and have a look at that fuse box see what I can see I'm pretty sure I'll find some green spots in there. I'll keep you all inform

Post #227340217th Jan 2022 9:05 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Sea Raider

Any help

https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/yaw-sensor-...53269.html

Post #227341917th Jan 2022 10:16 pm
drome159

United States 2006 LR3 5.0 V8 SE Auto Alaska WhiteLR3

I forgot to tell you in that post. I took out the air suspension system and put in coil springs. I put in some little computer chip that came with the coils that was supposed to bypass the error or fix the errors in there but I still get the red light and that code from that. I've been working on this HDC fault for a couple of weeks now and I live in a small town and nobody around here has a scanner that can read the Land Rover codes for me. So I'm back to thinking the HDC fault special programs off is a speed sensor gone bad somewhere. Now the fun part just trying to figure out which one. You have to remove the inner fender cover to access speed sensor on the backside. If I can get to them I can test them I just ohm them out and take a voltage reading on them and see which ones not working. If they're all working I'm going to go climb a big tree somewhere

Post #227343718th Jan 2022 12:08 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
john watson

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Steering angle sensor needs re calibrating probably.
 Once you have defeated the idiots any job is half done. Pity there are so many idiots to defeat.  
Post #227346018th Jan 2022 8:01 am
Justme

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

When I bought mine it had the same lights on.

Re calibrating the steering angle sensor fixed it.

Post #227349618th Jan 2022 10:45 am
john watson

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Just re calibrated the steering angle sensor. The three amigos were up now gone and car OK.

Yet again the Autel AP 200 did the job. Well worth the £50 . Save me three times that up to date!
 Once you have defeated the idiots any job is half done. Pity there are so many idiots to defeat.  
Post #227350018th Jan 2022 10:52 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >