DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Hats off to Landrover.....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
NDC

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
Hats off to Landrover.....

Evening Guys,

Bought a base 7 at the beginning of the year. Love it.

Recently the engine has started to sound noiser (almost like a blowing exhaust) and the car in general has been really sluggish.

I decided to call Landrover Assist this morning (9am) and told them the problem. Within an hour a Landrover Technician arrived and spent 20 mins looking it over and told me he was unable to find or fix the problem - he did agree however there was a problem.

An hour later Enterprise Car Hire called and told me a courtesy car would be at my local dealership at 2pm.

I turned up at the garage and within half an hour my car was booked in and I drove away in a shinny new HSE !!!!!!!!!!

Is it me or I'm I just plain lucky or what Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Oh course, if they think I'm handing this baby back they've got another thing comming Wink

Anyway, thought you'd all like to know and if you're out there Mr Landrover -well done matey - and a big thankyou.

Mark (Newbie - with a bloody great grin on his face Very Happy )

Post #7781211th Aug 2006 9:26 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Even though you've got a problem - isn't it great when things work the way you think they should? - or better Shocked
Have to say, Mondial Assistance being the LR Assist partner is one of the better decisions LR have made over the years

Post #7781311th Aug 2006 9:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NDC

Not so worried about the problem - loose pipe probably - its blip - I'll be destroying the Ozone layer with it again very soon Laughing

Cheers
Mark

Post #7781411th Aug 2006 9:37 pm
Mossy

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Re: Hats off to Landrover.....

NDC wrote:
I turned up at the garage and within half an hour my car was booked in and I drove away in a shinny new HSE !!!!!!!!!!

Is it me or I'm I just plain lucky or what Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Ahhhh the clever marketing ploy... they pop you into a higher spec so you trade up. Wink Yes you are a lucky chap - enjoy!!!! Just lock that wallet away Laughing Laughing Laughing and repeat "I dont want a HSE, I dont want a HSE...... Wink
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #7781611th Aug 2006 9:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NDC

Thats easy for you to say Mossy (HSE V8) Wink

To be honest, it was a fluke - I should be in a Freelander, but the poor customer 10 mins behind me ended up with that Very Happy

Post #7781911th Aug 2006 9:47 pm
Mossy

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

NDC wrote:
Thats easy for you to say Mossy (HSE V8) Wink

Yeah, but as you'll DISCOver in most threads, I'm one park bench short of a recreation facility! Ner Ner

Make em an offer Wink you could be surprised.
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #7782011th Aug 2006 9:51 pm
DN
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Hats off to Land Rover, or not, as the case may be.

Let us know what the problem turns out to be NDC, the engine in mine sounds pretty 'tappety' compared with others, and i'm a tad concerned, because the supplying dealership and L/R customer relations deny all that I have said or demonstrated to them, even a back to back test with a new demo D3 that quite clearly showed the difference,and they don't give a stuff quite frankly. I have to say I definately have not got the 'permagrin' with my D3.

Last edited by DN on 19th Aug 2006 1:42 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #7929618th Aug 2006 12:30 am
AndrewS
Tarquin of the Desert 

United Kingdom 

DND3 wrote:
Let us know what the problem turns out to be NDC, the engine in mine sounds pretty 'tappety' compared with others, and i'm a tad concerned, because the supplying dealership and L/R customer relations deny all that I have said or demonstrated to them, even a back to back test with a new demo D3 that quite clearly showed the difference,and they don't give a stuff quite frankly. I have to say I definately have not got the 'permagrin' with my D3.

Go to another dealer then Wink
 In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.  
Post #7931618th Aug 2006 8:25 am
NDC

Hi Andrew,
It turned out to be a hole or split in the Turbo pipe - hence the loss of power and unusual sound ! Still don't have it back though , so I'm off camping with the family in a top of the range HSE !!

If I were you I'd go to another dealer - if poss

Post #7932818th Aug 2006 9:20 am
DN
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Hats off to Land Rover, or not, as the case may be.

I have taken it to 2 other dealerships, one told me they had put injector cleaner through the fuel system and it was now slightly quieter, when in fact I got the car home, I found they had overfilled the engine oil by about a litre,of course they wouldn't own up to it when L/R customer relations said they had 'carried out an internal investigation', the second said that they were not allowed by L/R to even spend time on it because the supplying dealership had already investigated my concerns and considered that no remedial action was necessary(this was several months ago). So it appears that if you have a problem which seems to be getting worse as mileage increases, the dealerships cannot do anything because the problem was looked at many months ago when the car was new. This I find absolutely unbelievable, and my trust and confidence in Land Rover and their dealerships is now at an all time low Sad .

Last edited by DN on 19th Aug 2006 1:43 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #7936618th Aug 2006 12:47 pm
Ecosse

DND3 wrote:
So it appears that if you have a problem which seems to be getting worse as mileage increases, the dealerships cannot do anything because the problem was looked at many months ago when the car was new. Sad .

This is nonsense from the dealer! - if there is currently a problem (& you are sure of it), then point out that LandRover have a contract directly with you in teh form of your 3 year warranty & require them to deal with the problem. If they don't then your remedy is to raise an action of specific implement (or whatever the English equivalent is) against LandRover directly - that will soon bring them to heel Wink

Post #7936918th Aug 2006 12:56 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >