DISCO3.CO.UK > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

Harwoods
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
SLiK LR

England 
Harwoods

Hi Guys.
Looking for some help/advice re a problem with the above dealership.
A long story cut short. Bought 06 D3 from them, on collection day got home and realized I didnt have the V5 in my bunch of paperwork they had given me. I then noticed no tax disc in the screen. Got on the phone to the sales guy and he apologized and told me both are in the file in his desk and he would post them to me. I chased them a couple of times and on the 8th day it comes to light after yet another phone call that they had lost the V5 so he must have lied about having the tax disc in the first place. I jumped up and down as you can imagne and told them I needed a LEGAL car to drive until this mess was sorted out. They delivered an 08 FL2 for me to use and then took 25 days to sort out the problem. Now my question is..... I was put through in total 9 days of illegal driving, I was lied to by the sales man and I had 25 day with my D3 parked in my drive all bought and paid for not being able to us it. I have been keeping LR customer service up to speed with the problem and they have kindly given me £500 toward any service I choose. But Harwoods after many letters to the DP and one to the exec they think £300 should be enough to make the problem go away.
Your thought please and any advice would be welcome.

Thanks. Al
 Life is like a dogsled team if you aint the lead dog the scenery never changed  
Post #34232010th Sep 2008 6:38 pm
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

If LR customer service have offered £500 then you would be better off taking that. The dealers aren't allowed to let cars go without road tax anymore, so it should have been part of the pre-delivery check.

Post #34232610th Sep 2008 6:52 pm
Pelyma

England 

They are the dealership (I assume you have used the Pulborough one) I use and have always had great service, especially from David Marsh. Not sure how money cures an illegality? I would sit down with Glyn Woodage or Alistair and explain what they can do to put matters right. No business is perfect and everyone makes mistakes, I'm sure we have all bent the truth slightly to try to get out of a hole, only to have it bite you on the Censored . But my advice is to go and talk, keeping calm and explain what you want.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #34235810th Sep 2008 8:34 pm
Sturge

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Same here - always found Harwoods good for servicing and very accomodating on warranty stuff, even though I got the car much cheaper at another dealer.

I would think they would be reasonable (although do know another very longstanding customer who had a problem when buying a TDV8 whois not too pleased with the sales side)

Sounds like you may have a good result with £500 from LRCS and £300 from dealer (or have I read that wrong)

Post #34236310th Sep 2008 8:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SLiK LR

England 

Morning chaps.
Many thanks for the replies.
Unfortunatly it was not the Pulborough dealership I only wish it had been. It was infact the one in Croydon.
I also found the Sales manager there less than sympathetic to my problems in the early stages of my complaint. I have now written to Glyn Woodage who has replied, only to confirm that the offer of £300 still stands unchanged. Taking out LRCS kind offer as they are not really involved or responsible for any of the issues, that leaves £300 on offer to compensate for the problem from the dealership. I have suggested that an additional years warrenty might be a fairer way to compensate for all the problems Does anyone have experience how flexible Mr Woodage might be in negotiations in a situation like this?

Thanks again and sorry to bore you with my problems....

Al
 Life is like a dogsled team if you aint the lead dog the scenery never changed  
Post #34254811th Sep 2008 9:54 am
XX03

United Kingdom 

Guess where my D3 is right now.

In for warranty work to be done, added sluggish starting the past 4 weeks to the list this morning, and whilst showing them the problems the D3 failed to start, even after a 23 mile journey there, couldn't have happened in a better place.

Although Steve in the service dept seems helpful, he made it clear when mentioning this site that he dislikes forums as they tend to make you report or look for faults that are not there, like the fracturing of the sunroof rails.......hold on, it was they who looked at them and ordered the replacement, not me. I did state to him that the forum informs other owners what they personally have had problems with, which then enables you to check your own out and get things done under warranty which you have paid for, as the dealer won't give a t Censored s when he presents you with a £600 bill 6 months out of warranty, I got no response to that.

This all seemed to occur when I requested that they open the N/S door and possibly break the key as per AndrewS topic, thats when the forum bad thing came out.

Just one other thing, everything I have had them look after informing them I found out about it on this site they claim to have "never heard of that before". I can only conclude that virtually none of their customers use this site or know of it.

And another thing.......a quote of "no car is 100% perfect" was also made, if they were 100% perfect then maybe this type of forum would not be what is is today and there would also be less dealers.......keeps them in a job ?.

This is the 3rd closest dealership to me, so I think maybe I'll start using the closest as 1, they have some good feedback and 2, a lot less mileage / diesel to get there.
 Formerly Blakey  
Post #3572389th Oct 2008 10:30 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
heapster

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I use Harwoods Edenbridge for servicing and they have been excellent. No haggling over screaming EPB replacement, numerous "drop-ins" for bits and pieces done on the spot with no/minimal charge etc. Also run a free pickup and delivery service which helps (although we're only a few miles away). Prices are about market rate.

Sales department, however, is another matter. Firstly, they made me wait in the reception for an hour for a test drive of the D3 whilst they pandered to some posh fella in a FFRR (he didn't buy it...). Then they quoted me £3k below book for tradein on the BMW. Then they quoted me a price for an ex-demo model £2k over hte price listed on t'internet. I went to Caffyns in Lewes where service and prices couldn't have been better; unfortunately they are too far for servicing.

Post #3572549th Oct 2008 10:45 am
John C

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Take the £800 and go and find another dealer. Don't rush into a warranty this far out - you might not even have the car then, and you may decide against it depending on how good the car feels.

IMHO it's one of those things that will drive you up the wall, and the level of input you put into the issue from this point on won't proportionally increase the amount of money you'll get out of it it will just wind you up more. Better off to save your time/sanity, take the money and walk away from it Smile

Sounds like the relationship is soured to the extent you won't use them again, so why push for more money off future products from them...

John
 2020 SDV6 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey +
2022 Tesla Model Y LR... almost Carpathian Grey
Previously : 2005 TDV6 SE Auto, Cairns Blue (288K) - ours for 16 years 

Post #3573039th Oct 2008 12:55 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >