Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Hard Reset
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
WelshDisco

Wales 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4
Hard Reset

I may need to do a hard reset of my Disco, what effect does this have? Does the radio need a pin code?
 2010/60 Discovery 4 XS Zermatt Silver - Privacy Glass, Timed Climate (with remote), Voice, 4x4 screen, Bong on lock/un-lock (Pete BellAutos)
Discovery TDV6 SE (06) Gone!
Military 90 (1986) gone but not fogotten!
TV Option (Thanks to Wiggs)
Parrot CK3100 

Post #23460716th Dec 2007 8:12 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

No code needed ..although you will proberly have to tune your radio preset stations back in ...

Are you still having trouble with your install ?
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #23460816th Dec 2007 8:15 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Hard Reset - Courtesy of TFC

Quote:
Open bonnet, remove key & close all doors, wait a minimum of two minutes, preferably until the clock display has disappeared (but don't open a door to check )
Disconnect battery negative terminal, leave disconnected for 5 - 10 minutes
Reconnect
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #23460916th Dec 2007 8:17 pm
WelshDisco

Wiggs I am still having problems with the Audio! I have not reall have the time to look at it properly, its getting darks when I come home in the week and today I have been shooting!!!!

Why the hell did Landrover put the fuse box in such and awkward place, I check a fuse, dropped it and could not find it, fitted a new one yesterday!

I need to take the aduio plug apart (the one in the footwell) and its a bar**ard any tips Wiggs, but if I plug something into the audio in in the second row I get nothing fro the radio.

TV option is working Smile but no audio.

HELP!
 2010/60 Discovery 4 XS Zermatt Silver - Privacy Glass, Timed Climate (with remote), Voice, 4x4 screen, Bong on lock/un-lock (Pete BellAutos)
Parrot CK3100 

Post #23461116th Dec 2007 8:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wiggs

Which audio plug ? the one in the passenger footwell?

There is one thing you have to do ..if you connect directly into the audio connecter in the footwell , you need to put a 3.5mm jack plug into the aux socket in the back of the center consul.

Lr supplied a blanking type plug for the aftermarket drop down tv screen.

By putting in a jack plug or blanking plug it activates the aux sound to come through the stereo.Bit like a headphone socket on an ipod ..it only activates the sound when you plug in the headphones ..

Hope that makes sence ...
Post #23461316th Dec 2007 8:44 pm
wiggs

opps ..just read you post again Rolling Eyes

I never disconnected the plug ..i just used some small spade connectors that fitted in the top half of the connector.They were just the right size to fit nicely in between the original connectors and the plastic housing,
Post #23461516th Dec 2007 8:47 pm
WelshDisco

Thanks Wiggs, so the second row audio is only active if there is a plug in it? but when I plugged my iPod into test the Aux on the radio it still does not work!! I tried to connect into the plug in the passenger footwell like you advised but I felt the connections were too loose, so I stripped the outer proection off the three cables from the second row Aux socket on joined the wires just as the go into the plug (this is where the problem is I think).
Parrot CK3100 

Post #23462316th Dec 2007 8:58 pm
wiggs

WelshDisco wrote:
Thanks Wiggs, so the second row audio is only active if there is a plug in it?

Correct Thumbs Up

I use a little lead which is left plugged in the aux socket all the time.The other end is down near the stereo , and i use it to connect to my iphone when i want to listen to music on it .

Not trying to be funny , but have you turned up the volume on your ipod when you test it ? ..the aux volume is a lot lower than the cd / radio source.I have to turn up the volume on my iphone ( or ipod) to nearly full ...and the stereo has to be up in the high 20's aswell.

I have never taken apart the aux socket ...you might want to read this post http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/post23499.html#23499 it may help.

Also i have looked at the wiring diagram , and there dosent apear to be any fuse related to the aux socket.
I would suggest you check the connections you have made .

Click image to enlarge
Post #23474117th Dec 2007 12:04 am
WelshDisco

Wiggs your help has been invaluable, it was simply plug a phono plug in the Aux socket and it all worked, thanks, the hours I have spent out there in the cold freezing my Censored off all for a 3.5 phone jack. Lesson learnt.

Its the bluetooth module next, look out for the posts Whistle and thanks to all who have helped.
Parrot CK3100 

Post #23495117th Dec 2007 5:04 pm
wiggs

WelshDisco wrote:
Wiggs your help has been invaluable, it was simply plug a phono plug in the Aux socket and it all worked, thanks, the hours I have spent out there in the cold freezing my Censored off all for a 3.5 phone jack. Lesson learnt.

Embarassed I may have forgot to mention that to you in my Pm's ...sorry ...but i did mine nearly a year ago and it has been plugged in since ..i just forgot about it ..

Any way ..at least its working ..and proberly cost a lot more than a LR jobbie .. Thumbs Up
Post #23501017th Dec 2007 6:27 pm
Sniegy

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4

DG wrote:
Hard Reset - Courtesy of TFC

Quote:
Open bonnet, remove key & close all doors, wait a minimum of two minutes, preferably until the clock display has disappeared (but don't open a door to check )
Disconnect battery negative terminal, leave disconnected for 5 - 10 minutes
Reconnect

The above is nearly right for a "Hard Reset". Do all of the above as well as short the CABLES only together.
That being the Positive & Negative cables from the battery, obviously they wont reach each other without a little drama so grab a screw driver & place across the ends of the cables...REMEMBER not to short the BATTERY TERMINALS. Leave "shorted cables together for a minimum of a minute to discharge capacitors etc.
This is a "Hard Reset". Very Happy
 D4 Alaska/Almond 2.7 TDV6 with E-diff & extra's.. Smile

Keep smilin' Smile Pete. 

Post #23520218th Dec 2007 11:30 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >