DISCO3.CO.UK > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

Greetings from ...........
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 51 of 66 <123 ... 505152 ... 646566>
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Morning peeps, esp ornithopterists. Or is it ornithologists. Whistle

Different view of tall buildings. Bit mirky today, hot and humid central. View of the tall buildings from Botanic Gardens.

Click image to enlarge

Bird with an identity crisis.

Click image to enlarge

Very embarassed bird!!

Click image to enlarge

And pretty but hungry/greedy/opertunistic parrot type birds. I’ve tried to google the name but it just auto corrects to lawyers. Apt apart from the pretty bit. Laughing

Click image to enlarge

Yep, a couple of hours spent at the KL Bird Park. Thumbs Up Back to first world prices for entries, ice creams and water. Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

Getting sorted for start of next leg of jolly. As I’m I/C getting around I’m getting terrified at the though of trying to catch buses in more remote areas. It’s all Japanese script and not even numbers on GoogMaps. Big Cry Big Cry

Click image to enlarge

VC time. I can type that without looking over my shoulder now. Whistle

Post #205230611th May 2019 9:56 am
Pelyma

England 

A Rainbow Lorikeet Del Thumbs Up
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #205231211th May 2019 10:11 am
DSL

Ukraine 

That’s the one. Peeps could buy little cups of food and they’d have a whole load of new friends.

Click image to enlarge

He lived in hope when I stuck my hand out. Well for a short time. Mr. Green

Click image to enlarge

Post #205231611th May 2019 10:18 am
DSL

Ukraine 

Last hot & sweaty day for a while. Although only 34c it was pretty oppressive and I was soaked to the skin. We got the train to Putrajaya, the admin centre S of KL and went for a little 10km walk. What is it the say about mad dogs & Scotsmen? Needless to say we were virtually the only peeps walking. When the sun was hidden behind the clouds it was not too bad, when it put its hat on it was seriously hot so walking consisted of “sprints” between bits of shade. We walked to the big mosque as seen from the swanky bridge.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

That was where the water tour of the lakes should have started but as they didn’t have the numbers it didn’t go. Rolling Eyes Then hiked back, via the first Micky Dees we’d been in for over 3 months for cold drinks and fries. We were both craving salt and carbs. Deffo hit the spot. Thumbs Up

Back past the Anti Corruption Commision building. Maybe if they’d paid out a few bungs they’d have gotten their lower floors. Whistle

Click image to enlarge

Swanky (my fave word for today) train back to KL. And fast. It got up to 90 mph, the fastest we had seen on surface transport since leaving home. Probably for a looooooooong time for me since I’d never taken any of the Discos that fast. Vietnam Railways eat yer heart out. Whistle

Click image to enlarge

And my fave sign of the whole trip. Now that would have gone down a treat in Vietnam, and totally ignored. If there was shade somebody would be asleep there. Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

Post #205253812th May 2019 10:23 am
ianm27

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

That is some bridge!

Hope the sign was not outside your room/suite/whatever you managed to blag from the hotel Whistle

I'm guessing there are internet problems now you have arrived in the Land of The Rising Sun ??
 Uncle Ray's spare wheel protector
Limo Tint
Blackvue front & rear dashcam
Cruise control switch pack
Bodsy's remote for FBH 

Post #205303014th May 2019 9:42 am
DSL

Ukraine 

おはようキャンピングカー Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Well that’s what GoogTranslate has for Good a morning campers. Whistle

Yep, got here. Presently tucked up in hotel near Hakata train station down in Kyushu, the southern big island.

Not too bad a flight down, upgraded to “flatbed” so lots of legroom. The plane was themed to a Korean pooter game which was quite novel.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

O/N at a hotel in Hadena Apt, we didn’t get in until late, then sort out Rail Pass, pick up SIM, IC card (contactless payment for tpt not covered by rail pass) and cash. Really weird having an ATM talk you through all the steps, in English luckily. Thumbs Up

Then a traditional first meal in Japan. McMuffin combo, suuuuuuuuuperb. Mr. Green

Click image to enlarge

Then the over 600 mile train ride to Hakata. Our first Shinkansen. Fun at the station, with no data. Luckily previous searches had been retsined on the life saving NAVITIME app. Bit worrying when the indicator boards are like this.

Click image to enlarge

Luckily they do change to something we can read.

Click image to enlarge

And our first Shinkansen.

Click image to enlarge

A bit busy so not sat together until the next again station but that gave me time to get well annoyed as the SIM we had wouldn’t play. Even reading the instructions and sorting out the typo in the APN settings wouldn’t work. Banging Head Banging Head

Then changed at Shin-Osaka (JR Rail Pass doesn’t work on the super long range trains), time to pick up lunch from the myriads of stalls selling scoff. Haven’t had one of these since leaving the Japanese company I worked for. Scrummy. SWMBO stayed traditional (for us) and had sarnies. Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

We could have gone for an ultra cute Shinkansen bento box, but would have hated to throw out that box. Sad

Click image to enlarge

And the second Shinkansen. Plenty of room as it started from Shin-Osaka.

Click image to enlarge

This one was a smidgen faster than the first one, this was the max we saw but that was just when I was running the app.

Click image to enlarge

Got here, went to wrong JR hotel, went back through station to right one, got settled in and went off in search for a US/Japanese power lead for my tech charger. Wasn’t hopeful but found an electronics place next to the station that was mahooooooooosive so tech is charging nicely. UK cable is in the bin as we have loads back home. Thumbs Up

In hotel sorting out the AC was fun, but we got there. God knows how but we did.

Click image to enlarge

And 3 guesses what this is the control for. Laughing Laughing And yes sitting on a heated seat was a very novel experience!! Laughing

Click image to enlarge

Only “local” TV so was watching sumo.

Click image to enlarge

And the weather forecast was interesting.

Click image to enlarge

I did say this was going to be a challenging country to travel through. Whistle

Oh, and sorted out data as the sim needed registering, as well as no typos in APN settings. Lots of WiFi in stations but it’s often a case of registering then clicking the link in an email they send you, then you can connect. But you can’t receive the email as you can’t connect. Rolling Eyes Rant over. Whistle

Post #205305414th May 2019 11:12 am
Fireburst

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Great country to visit been there several times, will you be trying "Fugu" I have eaten it three times but it can be a life changing experience!! You may want to Google it before you try it Thumbs Up

Post #205306114th May 2019 11:36 am
DSL

Ukraine 

No need to google and safe to say I won’t be trying fugu. I’m not that brave. Whistle

Post #205306414th May 2019 11:46 am
ianm27

Certainly ticking the boxes on things to put in the memory scrap book Very Happy

The toilet control panel looks really interesting and suggests you can increase/decrease the power Shocked
Limo Tint
Bodsy's remote for FBH 

Post #205313714th May 2019 4:24 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

Re loo, SWMBO’s still trying how to turn the heating function off, but she’s getting no help from me as I quite like it!! Laughing Laughing

Bit of a bimble around a small bit of Fukuoka, Metro over to a very pretty lake bridges to islands, fishies, ducks and turtles. Really nice and tranquil, weather was boooootiful at 29c with a nice breeze.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

No weeing allowed in the water.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

And it looks like the swans from Hanoi have Japanese cousins, or are here on their holibobs!! Shocked

Click image to enlarge

And a castle to do the old pano shot. Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

On the way back to the station area & hotel from the castle passed this beauty, the first D3 I’ve seen since one in HK in early Feb. She demanded a pic. Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

We also did some planning on our rail travel, incl getting seats booked on a scenic oldie worldie train route, one part of it is a steam train. Well hopefully. We’ve developed a system for booking seats, which is SWMBO’s job officially. SWMBO has a piece of paper with when and where we want to go, I have the official timetable with Japanese place names as a screenprinted pic. Works a treat with minimal verbal comms. Plus lots of pointing and nodding on both sides. Thumbs Up Our fave place, the Hakata booking office and the main route through the station, which has about 6 shopping malls, at least.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

We’ve got 3 week JR Rail Passes (all Japan) and we think they will have paid for themselves after 8 days. I might have knocked up a spreadsheet. Whistle

Finally dinner. We’re trying to avoid the easy options (KFC or MDs) and went for a curry from these peeps http://gogocurry.main.jp/english/public_html/ , it was great!!

Click image to enlarge

You order through a machine, mostly in Japanese but enough English for us to figure it out.

Click image to enlarge

10 minutes later you are tucking into this feast. It’s a lot tastier than it look, honest. Good, fresh and, for Japan, pretty cheap.

Click image to enlarge

Now back in hotel with a sub £4 bottle of seven eleven own brand S American VC, most quaffable, watching Japanese TV. Quite entertaining. Thumbs Up Laughing

Last edited by DSL on 15th May 2019 11:20 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #205333515th May 2019 11:00 am
stew 46

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

Loooooks bledy ansom Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
 -------------------------------------------------
if you cant hold on dont let go , it ill come in handy for something even if you never use it.
D3 SE 05,
110 s wagon 300 tdi SOLD
h top transit
crew cab transit
transit connect
ausa dumper, muck truck .
peljob 2.5 digger
06 L 200 crew cab 

Post #205333915th May 2019 11:09 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DSL

Ukraine 

It was indeed. Thumbs Up

Assuming you meant the scoff. Whistle

Post #205334315th May 2019 11:24 am
stew 46

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

Was actually on about the lake Thumbs Up
 -------------------------------------------------
if you cant hold on dont let go , it ill come in handy for something even if you never use it.
D3 SE 05,
110 s wagon 300 tdi SOLD
h top transit
crew cab transit
transit connect
ausa dumper, muck truck .
peljob 2.5 digger
06 L 200 crew cab 

Post #205334415th May 2019 11:29 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DSL

Ukraine 

Thumbs Up

It was indeed, really nice and peaceful. Great watching the fish and turtles, plus ducks. We hadn’t seen wild ducks since the wetlands park in HK. There’s not a lot of wildlife left in Vietnam we concluded. Nice restful morning. Thumbs Up

Post #205334615th May 2019 11:32 am
ianm27

Sausages with curry?? Shocked

Looks like a great start to your exploring of the Land of the Rising Sun.

Time for a tune from The Vapors?? Laughing
Limo Tint
Bodsy's remote for FBH 

Post #205340415th May 2019 2:29 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 51 of 66 <123 ... 505152 ... 646566>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >