Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

GPS and Radio on after ignition turned off.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
dr_neil

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
GPS and Radio on after ignition turned off.

I had four new tyres fitted today and the fitters kindly cleaned the wheels and made them very shiney, putting the rest of the Disco to shame. There's a jet wash place down the road so I thought I'd go and clean the car. I was careful (or so I thought) with not blasting water towards the grill of air intake, but I'm assuming that I have water ingress as now when I turn off the ignition the radio and gps stay on.

I only realised this when coming back from the supermarket the radio was still on. So......any ideas what I've made wet? I'm assuming there's a short somewhere. I'd hoped that driving 15 would have heated the engine bay enough to dry things out. I was wrong.

Post #55737428th Nov 2009 5:48 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Was the radio on as in playing music, or just on as in the display was lit up?

It is perfectly normal for the sat nav screen and the radio display to turn on when you unlock the car, and stay on for a few minutes after you switch off and lock. If you leave the key in they stay on for longer. Also, if you leave the key in the radio will keep playing music. It should stop when you remove the key, but the backlight will remain for a couple of minutes.

The reason is something to do with the amount of time it takes for the Infotainment/nav system to fully boot up, so it starts as soon as you unlock, and unless you rush the start up, it will be ready for use when you drive. If it started boot sequence with ignition on, you would be waiting several seconds before you could use it.

Don't worry, it's normal Thumbs Up

Post #55737728th Nov 2009 6:05 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >