DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D4)

Here we go
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
dave699

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4
Here we go

Advice required please.
I have searched for and spent a fair bit of time intently reading all the posts I can find on AFS / Cornering lamps etc.

My current D4 HSE has Xenons but not AFS and no cornering lamps (just the blank chrome domes).
It also has High Beam assist (not sure how relevant that is)

I would like to do the front end facelift in the future to the new style headlight units with LED signature DRL's and because i'm one for things working as intended I would like them to dim - when indicating and when you switch on the headlights.

If I am going to do this I would be willing to go the whole hog and add the additional wiring required for the AFS setup and opt for the new style AFS headlights.

On the current platform I would require AFS module plus the extra loom from the module to each headlight. Then theoretically i could plug and play the current style AFS headlights and once enabled all would work.

My question is has anyone with a 10-14 MY with factory AFS upgraded to the 2014+ AFS headlights and do the work as intended?
Secondly do the signature DRL's work as intended or would it require an exchange HCM (headlight control module) or wiring modification.
Thirdly if anyone has an AFS module i'm interested in buying one.

Sheep to the slaughter

Post #169051810th Aug 2016 9:34 am
tomsquad419

United States 2012 LR4 5.0 V8 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackLR4

I have AFS and it does worm plug and play style - you do need to update your vehicles CCF With a Gap iid tool to get the drls on

Post #19424184th May 2018 4:01 pm
Famousfive

Ukraine 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Hi Dave,

I think the AFS mod is only for the very brave with extra ECU's etc needed - there is a thread on here which was done by BBSSpy I think - i'll have a look for the thread for you.

edit: BBSSpy thread on D3

Cornering for your MY10 lights has been done by a few on here and is not too difficult (for me I bought HSE lights with cornering already installed so it was just a CCF update)

For the MY14 lights I've not seen anyone upgrade to AFS ... yet. I updated my setup to these lights with cornering. Note, on these lights cornering cannot be retrofitted to the lights as the cornering lamp is an LED in the corner of the unit so make sure you buy those if you are upgrading to the MY14 xenons - they are usually no dearer than std. xenons and all they require is a CCF edit to work Thumbs Up

For the signature DRL's work as intended (dimming on indication) I think we need the help of someone like Robbie (where are you Robbie Bow down ) to help track what signals are sent to the MY14 lights that we would need to replicate. I've not seen it done yet but would like to do similar on mine, so like you say; works as intended.

hope this helps

Nick
 Stolen - D4 Loire Blue
D4 Bali Blue 

Post #19424374th May 2018 5:02 pm
discoteca

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

You're brave. AFS hasn't been successfully retrofitted on a D4 by anyone on the forum due to the complexity involved. I don't think there is an AFS loom as such that you can buy. The entire main harness is different as far as i know.

Post #19425124th May 2018 9:15 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >