GIRLS FOOTBALL 20-0
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
galwaygreen

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4
GIRLS FOOTBALL 20-0

Crackin...fit girls...good watch...

Post #22648791st Dec 2021 12:28 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Wot, no link? Whistle

Post #22648981st Dec 2021 8:08 am
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

this do you ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/59487319

Post #22649051st Dec 2021 8:17 am
john watson

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

What sort of competition is this. Surely it can’t be taken seriously when there is such a disparity between the teams. Last time is was aware of results like this was at primary school!
 Once you have defeated the idiots any job is half done. Pity there are so many idiots to defeat.  
Post #22649431st Dec 2021 11:23 am
RogB

United Kingdom 

dont worry they will all get a medal as there are no winners and losers, everyone is equal in competitions Whistle
 2011 D4 XS 305 MY12 - gone but not forgotten  
Post #22649441st Dec 2021 11:24 am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

john watson wrote:
What sort of competition is this. Surely it can’t be taken seriously when there is such a disparity between the teams. Last time is was aware of results like this was at primary school!

It's still reasonably early days for the women's professional game and so such disparities are to be expected. It happened back in the day with the men's game too with scores greater than 10-0 not unheard of. Heck, the 2019 FIA cup was won 6 - 0 between two Premier League teams.

Seems a bit harsh to expect the women's game to go from stand still to fully professional at all levels and in all countries almost overnight. Latvia has only one squad member with 50 caps, many are single digit caps. England has 6 players with more than 50 caps with Jill Scott having 154 caps. It's like a Premier League side playing a local town side.

And I don't even like football - well, I do consider it to be a girl's game so perhaps my defence of it is apt... Rolling with laughter
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #22649621st Dec 2021 2:10 pm
galwaygreen

as said before DSL dont do links or any of the other techy stuff

Post #22650451st Dec 2021 11:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

RRSTDV8 wrote:
……Seems a bit harsh to expect the women's game to go from stand still to fully professional at all levels and in all countries almost overnight……

But in this ‘everyone HAS to be equal come what may’ world there is a lot of pressure for pay parity with men’s game now. Even the big name women’s teams often get crowds in hundreds or low thousands. That isn’t a business model that works….

Post #22651322nd Dec 2021 6:20 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

The pay issue is not the same as "why aren't all the teams as good as each other" issue raised by an earlier poster.

Not all male footballers get paid the same so the argument about equal pay is a bit silly anyway.
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #22651862nd Dec 2021 10:49 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

galwaygreen wrote:
as said before DSL dont do links or any of the other techy stuff

No Censored Rolling with laughter
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #22651882nd Dec 2021 10:55 pm
astonbuilder

RRSTDV8 wrote:
The pay issue is not the same as "why aren't all the teams as good as each other" issue raised by an earlier poster.

Not all male footballers get paid the same so the argument about equal pay is a bit silly anyway.

I am free to comment as I see fit, as everyone does on here, even if that (in your opinion) deviates from a previous comment, even if its not the OP you seemingly reference Confused

Not all sportspeople get the same the world over but a 'big name' sportsperson (in this case male footballer) who can generate millions in sales of tickets and/or shirts is 'worth' rather more in a business model that a "who?" sportsperson (in this case female footballer) who attracts 674 people to a training pitch hosted game or maybe ten thousand if free tickets are splashed about in the 'big stadium'. Saying the female example is 'worth' £50k-100k a week, or whatever, "because we're all playing the same game" isn't an equal case for pay parity in my mind (yet). That was all I was saying

As to my personal take on women's football - the bits I have watched are really poor (and I'm not saying they are unskilled) akin to a 5th or 6th tier, or lower, male played game (currently), with half a dozen of them chasing the ball together and high scores belying a gulf in skill levels between two teams that doesn't make it great to watch, 10-0 doesn't mean it was a great match if the teams are not of similar ability, watching a couple of premiership or championship teams have a 'silly' score line usually indicates a good game because it isn't an expected outcome, similarly the men's world cup where some 'big country' team beats the Faroe Isles 23-0 or whatever won't have been a great game really

Post #22652012nd Dec 2021 11:33 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Not a footballist by any stretch ...however IMO the women are far better at just playing the game rather than rolling around like a bunch of hissy fit sissies when challenged ...or even when not challenged. Whistle
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #22652052nd Dec 2021 11:44 pm
galwaygreen

Rolling with laughter spot on DG

Post #22652072nd Dec 2021 11:50 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

astonbuilder wrote:
RRSTDV8 wrote:

I am free to comment as I see fit, as everyone does on here, even if that (in your opinion) deviates from a previous comment, even if its not the OP you seemingly reference Confused

Not all sportspeople get the same the world over but a 'big name' sportsperson (in this case male footballer) who can generate millions in sales of tickets and/or shirts is 'worth' rather more in a business model that a "who?" sportsperson (in this case female footballer) who attracts 674 people to a training pitch hosted game or maybe ten thousand if free tickets are splashed about in the 'big stadium'. Saying the female example is 'worth' £50k-100k a week, or whatever, "because we're all playing the same game" isn't an equal case for pay parity in my mind (yet). That was all I was saying

Read my second sentence again - I'm agreeing with you. Thumbs Up
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8

Post #22652293rd Dec 2021 7:25 am
astonbuilder

sorry Embarassed

Post #22652383rd Dec 2021 9:00 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >