Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Get up and go got up and went!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
freelaner

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

any luck yet?Mine has developed identical symptoms on the way home from work Crying or Very sad
No previous symptoms

Post #68527023rd Aug 2010 6:22 pm
maltesenick

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Freelaner, it'll be tomorrow, crappy weather permitting, before I get them fitted hopefully. The D3 is too tall for the garage they call a storage cupboard on my house. Or is that the wrong way round? I noticed your EGR/MAF post and might give that a try pre fitting the blanking plates just out of curiosity. Curious thing too, others were asking about fuel consumption with problem previously. Just refilled and I doubt if I'm much more than 20-25mls less out of a tankful than pre the problem and I'm guessing thats probably down to having to keep getting revs into boost range for turbo when pulling away or changing gear.

Post #68534023rd Aug 2010 8:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
maltesenick

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Get up and go got up and went - and now it's back!!

Tried disconnecting the MAF plug but got no change in the poor performance other than a variety of warning lights. Fitted the blanking plates and removed the butterfly and am a happy bunny again. Back to old "get up and go!" Such a simple and inexpensive cure for a potentially expensive problem. Many thanks to all who provided knowledge and support.

Post #68581524th Aug 2010 11:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Great news Nick. Glad you got it sorted cheaply!! Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #68592725th Aug 2010 12:11 pm
DJH68

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Good news Nick.

Glad the EGR valve blanking worked.

Maybe I am a bit grumpy today - but do feel like saying - I told you so (back on Wednesday 18th) Wink Wink

anyway - glad your D3 back to get up and go Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #68593125th Aug 2010 12:18 pm
weekendgypsie

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hi, i would just like to say a big thank you to woody32 and everyone else that commented on this thread, our car had same symptons, lack of power until 2000 revs once going fine very slow to pull away, ours went on holiday pulling a caravan!!! Anyway we did what others had said, changed fuel filter and empied the tank no difference, changed the intercooler pipe (ours too had alittle oil on it) so we thought result!! must be this but no difference disconnected air filter, checked for blockages etc still nothing, then we read this and we thought we would try this as we were running out of ideas, read everyone comments. I am no mechanic!! we brought the blanking kit, there were 2 types one with just one set of smaller blanking plates and one with 2 sets of blanking plates which is the one we went for. My car is a d3 tdv6 2005 followed the instructions abit scary as the engine was slowly being dismantled!! and hey presto it bloomy worked!! With out this site and you guys on it, this would have cost us a fortune at land rover, just for the labour alone!! So thank you

Post #68696628th Aug 2010 12:04 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >