DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

Fuel pump issue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Gizmo15

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 4
Fuel pump issue

Hi All,
Have returned to this forum after some time away, I have a D4 with a fuel starvation issue, checking round I find power going to pump but no fuel getting to Schrader valve on engine , so have removed tank and now trying to get the fuel pump module released from the bottom of tank, it appears to be captive by some locking device, I’ve had a look inside and there is a fair amount of woolly sludge around the suction end of module causing starvation I think, nothing appears to hold it, so must be under the module somewhere, has anyone removed one of these before? Would welcome any advice.
Thanks everyone, just to say I have already viewed the removal procedure for D3 on this site so thank you for that, however the 2015 D4 tank module and removal appears to be a different animal, there are no plastic bands around the module, no apparent fixings of any kind except to say the module is slightly loose and appears to be held by a {I assume} bayonet device of some kind, but for the life of me I am as yet unable to turn the module as it is held in that position. Sorry to ramble on but if anyone has removed a module from a 2015 D4 tank could they offer me the solution please.
Thank you all again.
Steve.

Last edited by Gizmo15 on 2nd Oct 2023 8:51 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #23493111st Oct 2023 1:26 pm
jenseneverest

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

there is a massive thread on the fuel pump, see this thread:
https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/robbies-gui...+tank+pump

there is links to further pictures in the first post

Post #23493161st Oct 2023 2:07 pm
Gizmo15

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 4
Fuel pump module

Hi,
Thank you for post, but I had previously seen all D3 tank module procedures and videos posted by someone on YouTube, however with land rover in a continuous improvement situation the D4 2015 model is different, the fuel pick up is lower down the module than D3 which makes it more susceptible to sludge/debris being sucked into pump filter causing low flow whereas D3 had a side mounted filter some millimetres above the bottom of tank which kept it away from said sludgy debris, which allowed my previous D3 to run into 6 figures with no issues with fuel at all. I still think the D4 is a much improved vehicle tho, although every system has to be as it left the factory, ie it is not tolerant to any part being below par, as older vehicles didn’t have anything like the monitoring of newer vehicles with canbus etc, sorry to ramble on again, but its good to talk.

Post #23493992nd Oct 2023 9:17 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >