Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

fuel pump failed...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
blaiseh

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3
fuel pump failed...

started off with what can be best described as a loud buzzing varying with engine speed but more pronounced under load which appeared to emanate from the near side of the engine bay. Driving back from Cornwall where it first started it went into limp home mode twice but cleared itself both times with a stop and restart. Took it in to Conrico in Chertsey the next day to see if they could see what was wrong - they found quiet few errors reported on the system linked to the time it went into limp home mode but no obvious fault - suggested it could have been down to running low on fuel at the time- they spent a bit time looking over it but couldn't find what was causing the buzzing. Asked me to bring it in a couple of days later when they would have a courtesy car . Was off on holiday next day so suggested they pick it up after i had gone which they were happy to do and return it before i got back.

Get a call on call on half way thru the holiday( at 2am was in japan....Evil or Very Mad ) saying they've found the fuel pump is disintegrating but LR want to come have a look as they have never encountered a vehicle still running in this conditon. as such it wouldnt be ready for when i got back - would i mind calling enterprise who would arrange for something to keep me going when i got back.
get back to Heathrow couple of days later present myself at the enterprise desk thinking freelander 2 would be quite nice but no - brand new FFRR 3.5td vogue - 15 miles on the clock...... Very Happy ..... uber posh - electric leather seats ( why do they need to remember 5 different positions) bling central chrome shiny bits on everything - premium sat nav(prefer my tomtom!) tv/computer, same controls but buttons in a different place, heated leather steering wheel.. Confused and the 3.5 v8 diesel Very Happy - the good very rapid...... the bad it gulps fuel....... round town i was getting 16/17 in the disco i get 24/25 on a long journey not pushing it got only 23 - Its nice but not worth 30k more than the disco - also some things just have been thought out properly like the rear wash wipe is fixed at the top of window so after it stops all the water its pushed up runs back down the window...
Got the car back 10 days later after 2nd visit from LR - was told they'd replaced the fuel pump, fuel line to the injectors and the injectors as theyd found shards of metal in some of the them..... all under warranty Very Happy
 2007 TDV6 XS Cairns Blue  
Post #23269111th Dec 2007 1:59 am
IronMan

South Africa 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Welcome to my world Very Happy

Had mine done last week.. Must admit she pulls much better and noticed better fuel economy too..

Post #23271611th Dec 2007 9:22 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >