Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > IIDTool Help

Fuel pressure issues and suspension
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Rossi84

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 3
Fuel pressure issues and suspension

Hi all, hoping for some guidance again if possible . You all really helped me previously with fueling issues and to give some background my d3 06 has now had new low pressure pump, high pressure pump and an injector.
The low pressure pump and high pressure solved all previous issues as I had low pressure problems and after changing low pressure pump turned out was the high pressure pump.
All has run fine for a couple of months then I had a high pressure issue (injector control pressure too high p2288-00 (f). Car in limp mode and wouldn’t move. Taken back to the garage (recommended on here and good garage) had the high pressure pump off and sent back for checking and turned out all fine, refitted and same problem, injectors taken out and sent off for testing and found one failed all tests. Injector changed and car has run fine for about a month and now has the exact same problem again- code p2288-00 (f) injector control pressure too high.
Car has had all the filters etc changed before and fuel lines from tank to filter.
I am beyond frustrated as it has cost me a small fortune getting this far and wondering what is wrong. The code sometimes clears and car runs perfectly and when it happened again managed to drive it home. It has now however decided it won’t move again at all and the code is near permanent and so can’t use the car.
I have attached the screenshot of injectors reading and 2 seem high, does this mean these need changing?

I have also just had a suspension fault which has cleared now (car dropped to bump stops) but the following numbers don’t seem right to me, I have new sensors on the way for the car. Car isn’t dropping overnight and so no apparent leaks etc
Any help appreciated, I have called the garage and waiting on them coming back to me but thinking do the rest of the injectors need changing or the 2 with high readings?

Post #227510726th Jan 2022 2:50 pm
Yankee_Rover

United States 2008 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Lux Auto Zermatt SilverLR3

Post your suspension fault code and the live data (voltage supply and signal voltage) for the ride height sensors at all 4 corners.

Sorry I am not if help for the fuel pressure issue.
 2008 LR3 HSE, 4.4L V8  
Post #227521726th Jan 2022 11:09 pm
PROFSR G

Ukraine 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Which injector did you change?
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #227521926th Jan 2022 11:34 pm
Rossi84

I’ll get the codes but can’t really replicate it as can’t move the car now. I can’t remember the exact codes but it was the height sensor on each corner coming up at fault or voltage out of range from memory, all 4 fired at the same time and then another code around cross axle reading or something similar. Sorry to be vague as they are cleared now and didn’t come back on, seemed to be working just the front raising really slowly and it’s coming up as raising slowly on the dash..

I’ve asked the garage to confirm which injector was changed as I don’t know. Think I will order the other 5 and get them changed just hope it solves the problem

Post #227522126th Jan 2022 11:35 pm
PROFSR G

You don't need 5 new injectors, just 2 at most (4 & 5). The rest are fine Thumbs Up

Tip: Always record fault codes before clearing them unless the issue has been resolved.
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #227522526th Jan 2022 11:42 pm
Rossi84

Thanks for the help, I’ll try changing a couple and see if that sorts the issues.
I had to clear the codes as was put in it and it had dropped to the bump stops and was trying to get it back up to get home, managed to get it to lift and then pulled the fuse to get it home

Post #227542427th Jan 2022 10:49 pm
Yankee_Rover

United States 2008 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Lux Auto Zermatt SilverLR3

Handy feature of the GAP BT tool is that you can email yourself a copy of the codes before clearing. Sure beats writing them down long hand..

Many of us have been in the same position with cars of bumpstops —not fun. Glad you got home
 2008 LR3 HSE, 4.4L V8  
Post #227543127th Jan 2022 11:04 pm
Rossi84

Hi all, I have had the injectors changed and my readings are now much closer together, however the fuel pressure fault is still present P0088-(2f). I can clear it and it comes straight back on and the car won’t rev up so is un drivable..
It has already had new low pressure and high pressure pumps, the high pressure was removed again in the last 2 months and tested as said to be fine with a full report. The car was previously having the same fault and changing an injector solved this but now it came back and the rest of the injectors have been changed but hasn’t fixed this.
Any guidance would be appreciated as this has become a money pit and no further forward!

Post #227825610th Feb 2022 4:24 pm
PROFSR G

Why did you replace ALL the injectors?

Well you're last port of call is now the fuel rail pressure sensor as the pumps and injectors have already been done.

LR don't sell the sensor separately only with the complete fuel rail. It seems to pop up periodically amongst aftermarket suppliers, but beware as there are many similar sensors out there and not all calibrated for the TDV6. (ie other ford diesel's)

If you want to be certain of the correct sensor buy the complete fuel rail.
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #227827210th Feb 2022 6:36 pm
Rossi84

Thanks for the advice, I’ll get a new sensor (the code I quoted above should have been P2288-(2f) missed the twos put.
The injectors were all taken out and checked and failed the tests they do on them hence changing them. I am gutted it didn’t fix the fault.
I have had a friend do the live values on their iid tool and compared the readings. The one that is out is my fuel pressure at idle is constantly above 5000 psi and there’s is around the low 3000 psi mark so appears mine is a long way above, there’s no smoke from it and it actually idles nicely just the second you touch the throttle it errors. It also has the code when you turn the ignition on aswell…

I am going to change the filter again and check the lines aswell.
Thanks

Post #227827510th Feb 2022 6:59 pm
Rossi84

Thought I’d update to help anyone else with similar issues, turns out a slight block on the return line and also an issue with 2 of the injectors. Return line cleaned out, new filters and 2 injectors and it’s all up and running as it should again!
I would say the garage I have spent a fortune on with this and recommended on this forum were useless in resolving this and weren’t interested after literally having thousands spent on this car with them around this fault. Can’t recommend the forum members enough for getting me sorted and ended up doing it myself!

Post #228411918th Mar 2022 10:41 am
wicksee

how did you clear the blockage in the return line ?

Post #23175725th Dec 2022 7:11 pm
Rossi84

A garage sorted it for me- pitstop autos up past Newcastle- they were brilliant - I was messed around loads by a garage with Durham and 4x4 in the name who were recommended, took loads of money and then ignored me when it didn’t fix the problem, even spent a load of money on injectors when there was nothing wrong with them.. they couldn’t diagnose it and had no idea but pitstop auto fixed it really quickly and were really resonable. I imagine they took off both ends and blew air through it to be honest

Post #23175865th Dec 2022 8:52 pm
wicksee

oh ok im having the p0088 code but also got p0191 it starts and runs but really diesel knocky until it goes in to limp mode .... it takes about 10 seconds or so before goes it to limp mode

Post #23175925th Dec 2022 9:19 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >