DISCO3.CO.UK > Tips & Tricks

fuel cap cover and locking pin
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Trucks

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
fuel cap cover and locking pin

hi
thought someone would like to see what I have found as to why my fuel cover would not lock.
well cut a long story short the fault was the black sleeve came away from the actuator hence the sleeve was sliding up and down and not actuating the pin to lock it . the black sleeve only goes into the bobbin 2/3mm
see pictures .
if you can zoom in and see that the black sleeve is supposed to be attached to the thimble and you can see the two crimp marks where it has come away.
the simple fix was super glue the two together and this worked well (tried several times 10 in fact before putting all back together again).
the pictures show the cover removal which makes things so much easier but beware there is a Philips screw hidden behind a small cover near the back of the rear seat(see picture 1) and before removing buy some replacement clips .
the cover is quite easily removed with patience took me 20 minutes but well worth it.
and lastly I have had the same tapping /knocking on the rear as some as described and many things were mentioned as to the cause,the rear 6th and 7th seats,spare wheel,among them, mine was the two wheel sockets, a locking nut socket which would fit the biggest lorry wheel that has been ever made it's mega and heavy also two bolts all banging about underneath the jack polystyrene holder .

bulbs,

Post #214245529th Apr 2020 8:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >