Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

front headlamps
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Stuarts the man

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

To fit the front lights, you need to change 2 wings, bumper ,grill and headlights
rear lights just plug in at the back, you need to buy 2 resistor packs for rear lights to slow down the dash indicators, as they flash too quick without them. it is straight forward to do, its just getting the parts at the correct prices.
there was a good article in LRO magazine in november i think re conversion

Post #90016022nd Feb 2012 2:09 pm
leeashman1

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

mark the spark0_1 wrote:
been thinking about this one myself for my 05 SE along with the D4 rear light for a poor mans D4 lookalike

how much hassle and how much did it cost you

also were did you source the best price for your bits

I bought all the bits off the auction sites and here front bumper £160 complete rear bumper £60 complete slight damage but it needed paint anyway,wings £75 each headlamps with LEDs, as not all D4 lights have them in altho they look like the have£250 the pair,paint £500, door handles ready painted tonga green £43.00 off ebay today he has more sets they are cheap
and all i need to finish off is the arches but i can only get a set at full price(and I'm not prepared to pay that) so they will have to wait until a set come along, i also have a new set of 19" HSE wheels to finish it off, i will post some photos next week, i have started taking off the parts and it is very straight forward and could be done in 1 day, but I'm also giving it a good clean as i go so it looks like new inside and out,
i will have a poor mans D4 thought in the back of my mind but i will also think that i have just saved myself 20 grand at the same time , and with 4 kids and 5 dogs it would kill me to wreck another D4 mine has stood up well and if i get 5 more years from this it will be well worth it, the kids will be grown up by then and i can get my aston :roll laugh:[/img]
https://s3-eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/i.hubnu...b98e40.jpg

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #90041122nd Feb 2012 10:11 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >