Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

four wheel alignment
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
terryall

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

SLY666.
I can't remember without digging out receipts and I'm not at home just now. I also bought a set of tyres to confuse things. I remember they only charged me about £30 on a previous visit as they said all other wheels seemed ok? Previous owner had alignment done not long before. So that was very honest of them.
Give them a call and they will tell you style max you could pay if everything needs doing - but I guess it won't.

Post #18453428th Aug 2017 7:57 pm
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

terryall wrote:
What Geoff. said. Used Topmarks for last 3 alignments and also a set of GG AT3s for good measure.
They use Hunter equipment and they are spot on and very honest about what you need - or not! Nowhere near the price main dealer quoted.

many thks

yes will indeed use them, always better getting a recommendation

still flabbergasted in what the dealers quoted , maybe i should send them the invoice after in how much cheaper it can be done, Laughing

Post #18455039th Aug 2017 10:49 am
Batfink

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

So glad I got the four wheel alignment checked. All my wheels were all pointing in different directions. It was £58 all done. The camber was spot on on all of them but the toe was miles out on all four!
 2006 TdV6 HSE.  
Post #184654612th Aug 2017 12:46 pm
Sharpy1980

United Kingdom 

I paid £99 at Kwik Fit last Sunday and the guy was very thorough and I'm covered for upto 8 more adjustments within 2 years for free all with the hunter system, the car drives spot on now but I like the idea that if I do any work on the car (highly likely) I can pop into any branch without the receipt and the will check and adjust it for free Thumbs Up

Post #184675212th Aug 2017 11:22 pm
Smelly wellies

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Just paid £50 + vat for front and rear toe on a Hunter machine with a print out to take home after.

Post #184710314th Aug 2017 9:57 am
DigitalJunior

United Kingdom 

Sharpy1980 wrote:
I paid £99 at Kwik Fit last Sunday and the guy was very thorough and I'm covered for upto 8 more adjustments within 2 years for free all with the hunter system, the car drives spot on now but I like the idea that if I do any work on the car (highly likely) I can pop into any branch without the receipt and the will check and adjust it for free Thumbs Up

I would also like to highlight the 'Kwik Fit' 2 year offer. Flack replaced my front suspension arms, arb bushes, drop links etc. on Saturday so I went into Kwik Fit yesterday for the necessary 4 wheel alignment.

They offered me a discounted deal for £85 where for 2 years I can have up to 8 more free of charge adjustments.

Effectively this brings it down to less than £10 per 4 wheel alignment. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

I think its excessive to check it 8 times in 2 years but gives you the option if necessary for multiple adjustments.

Post #184712014th Aug 2017 11:42 am
DN
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I'd just like to give a bump to geoff's recommendation above for TopMarks Tyres in Hooley, Surrey. Went to see Mark and Sharon, there today, for 4 wheel alignment, after replacing lower front suspension arms at the weekend. Truly exceptional service, the Hunter equipment and team using it are spot on. I made sure it had a full fuel tank(not sure if that is necessary), and they put it into tight tolerance mode, and they also cleared the fault code that usually appears afterwards..... D3 drives as straight as a die again now Thumbs Up ....As terryall above said, they were friendly, honest, and explain what needs to be done (or not), and are not out to fleece you Laughing Well worth the 40 odd mile drive round the M25 for me, (luckily my tyres were not scrubbing terribly badly Laughing ). Bow down Bow down Thumbs Up
 D3 owned from new, P017 brake recall, BAS FBHIC, new FBH, LR013487 oil pump, new water pump. RRS front lower suspension arms. New suspension compressor/ relay. New Denso alternator. CuNifer rear brake pipes. New GKN rear propshaft. New HPFP belt & tensioner. New A/C Condenser.NO WARRANTY for many many years.  
Post #18762856th Nov 2017 4:47 pm
Gobbler

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
4-Wheel Alignment

I used Protyres in Sittingbourne, was about £35 per end as I recall, but mine was well out after replacing lower arm bushes (FYI, don't bother - just get new full arms!)
Computerised printout of 'before' & 'after', reassuring if nothing else, but definitely drove better afterwards. Thumbs Up
 If it has TIT's or WHEEL's it will cause you problems!! Wink

Convoy for Heroes 2011-2016
www.convoy4heroes.org.uk 

Post #18773949th Nov 2017 1:15 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >