Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

Flight Insurance
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
jaqoda

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Flight Insurance

I am going to Japan for three weeks later this year – this obviously involves lots of itinerary planning, separate hotel bookings, etc.

Now I found the flights through SkyScanner, and am now kicking myself because the company I booked the flights through (GotoGate) has terrible reviews. Some people saying their flights were cancelled or overbooked when they arrived at the gate.

My main concern is being able to get to Japan on alternative flights if this happens, or months of planning will go down the drain. So I am wondering if anyone can recommend good flight insurance I can buy that protects me in case this happens?

I would rather pay a little extra to be taken care of in the case of emergency than relying on this seemingly dodgy company to sort everything out if something does happen.

Post #20580063rd Jun 2019 11:04 am
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Can’t help with insurance but top tip from moi, whilst sitting looking over Tokyo Bay at the mo, is get a 3 week JR Rail Pass. We’ve only used ours for 2 of the 3 weeks (had to go home for a funeral) but the spreadsheet (I know, way too geeky) tells is we’re over £600 up on buying same individual tickets. Thumbs Up

If just in a Tokyo, plenty to do in this list: https://inspiredbymaps.com/weird-things-to-do-in-tokyo/ so forget the rail pass. Thumbs Up

PS Did you book through a credit card? In worst case you’ll get your wanga back but still be scrabbling to get a reasonable priced flight out & back at short notice. Mind you we came back on Cathay Pacific with only a few days notice and wasn’t any more than we’d have paid booking a long time in advance. Thumbs Up

Post #20580083rd Jun 2019 11:11 am
jaqoda

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Thanks, yeh I have heard a lot about the JR rail pass, so I will definitely look into it Thumbs Up

Booked on AMEX, so should be covered. I just don't want loads of logistical planning to go down the swanny!

Post #20581023rd Jun 2019 5:08 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >