Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

First problems with D3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
franco

First problems with D3

Hi folks,

I have a 3 months old D3 and yesterday night while driving on the motorway at about 130KPH suddenly all kinds of indicator came on: auto gear fault, HDC fault etc and the throttle did not respond in any way. I stopped the car and when tried to switch on again no alarms were on but the engine did not remain on for more than few seconds.

I tried to wait until the car was completely off (display of the stereo OFF) and then tried again and all worked fine, no more problems.
The car had been parked in a very cold area before then but when this fault happened I was driving for over one hour after starting.
Any ideas? should I expect to happen again?

One more question,I noticed that when in the evening I park the car in my garage and the temperature outside is minus 5 °C (for instance) the next morning when I swicht the car on the temperature shown on the dashboard is still the one shown the previous evening and it takes several minutes to return to actual temperature, Is that normal?

thanks a lot for your help.

Franco

Post #2395993rd Jan 2008 10:25 am
NHR

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

When I started mine this morning (only one week old) the temperature showed -12C (which it is here today!). I think when I switched it off last night it showed -7C. The car was outside all night. I imagine thermometers do take time to register changes but I am not sure what is normal.

Post #2396043rd Jan 2008 10:39 am
AN

Hungary 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

No clue on the on the motorway problem, but on the temp figure I had similar experiance.

My car usualy parks in an underground garage at work and at home and sometimes when I start the car it shows the old outside temp (now outside temp is -3C, garage temp 13C), it is roughly 1 in 10 start when shows the old temp. The temp sensor had been change (in the front of the car under the bumper), it did not solved the "problem". After showing the old temp it takes 10-15 mins for the car to take up and to show the correct outside temp...

Regards
 LR D3 S Black, Auto TDV6  
Post #2396233rd Jan 2008 11:42 am
Ollram

Greece 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

You don't have to worry for the temp issue. It has been reported quite a few times (mine had done it twice).
It shows the uptodate temp after 5-10min (usually this happens on extreme temp changes, eg. from +4C morning to +35C after some hours.....)
as for the other problem you have reported, do a search in this site, it has been reported again i believe....

Post #2397663rd Jan 2008 6:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bontempi

Sweden 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Re: First problems with D3

franco wrote:

Any ideas? should I expect to happen again?

It happened to me too a week ago. Was doing about 110km/h when I got a "Transmission failure" and then the errors you describe in a rapid sequence. I was in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night, and the outside temperature was -17C... This was about 4 hours in to a 6 hour trip. The temperature was -1C with salty sludge when I started with pure winter conditions when the car stopped. Ice build up on a sensor perhaps?

I have driven about 1000km since it happened, and the error has not returned. Hasn't increased my confidence in the car though...

/Henrik
 Disco 3 TDV6 HSE "Ark Royal"
Mini Cooper D 

Post #2399353rd Jan 2008 10:57 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >