DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D4)

First Post, First LR, help with P2290
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
will-t123

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 TDV6 SE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4
First Post, First LR, help with P2290

Hello Everyone,

So, I'm from the UK (Northampton) currently living in AUS, I have a 2010 D4 2.7TDV6 that I've owned for about a year. I brought the car for a reasonable price in a pretty poor state (Any acceleration triggered MIL, belts not done in 180kms).

I purchased a GAP Tool, thoroughly read this forum and determined that I was up for a new HPFP.
I ordered the HPFP reconditioned from PF Jones in the UK and installed it about 6 months ago, at the same time I replaced the LPFP (from Ebay) and fuel filter with a genuine LR one, replaced Timing Belt & Tensioner, HPFP belt & Tensioner and added a 850CCA Varta G14 AGM battery.

This seems to have cleared the regularly occurring P0087 however, I'm now seeing a P2290 only when on very steep inclines under hard accel, around town I can foot to the floor and I don't see a fault.
I can feel an occasional surging in the engine at idle, when viewed on the IID I see an intermittent RPM drop of about 50RPM but other times engine runs smooth with no noticeable surging.

I have also checked the injector offsets which are all within the 1100 - 700 range that I've seen else where on the forum.

I have an injector leak-off kit coming this week, I'll post results, I also have a new alt and brake switch coming (just incase).

When the P2290 occurs, dash lights up, I get stuck in 3rd. I can pull over, switch off, switch on and everything goes back to normal.

My HPFP is under warranty until Sept 2022 although I'm hesitant to return it, mostly due to the current shipping costs. Any suggestions welcome, I notice a few other threads having the same/similar issue after replacing the HPFP but they don't have a resolution, I intend to resolve this thread with my outcome.

Thanks

Post #228947728th Apr 2022 12:05 am
galwaygreen

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

welcome...join the mad house

Post #228947828th Apr 2022 12:11 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >