Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Finally got it!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Finally got it!

Despite it being registered on 31-03-06 (part of the end of quarter deal) I collected my new TDV6 HSE from T.H.White on Sat. p.m. Very Happy
Excellent service from White's I can't praise them enough.
Everything was fine with the vehicle, the Java Black paint is unblemished & although it's still not done 100 miles I'm averaging 24 mpg.
Haven't had time to suss out all the kit fully yet, but It's not as daunting as I thought it might be.
Looking forward to clocking up some miles this week & will get the front end protected by the latest 3M film.
Forgotten how good the steering feel is for such a vehicle, definetely better than the V10 Toerag IMO.
The smooth ride will take a bit of getting used to after the sports suspension I'm more familiar with, but It's relaxing to drive & my 6ft 7in frame fits in very comfortably.
The dog & child are already doing their best to make the interior as dirty as poss. Sad any tips for keeping the tailgate carpet protected? I was thinking along the lines of velcroing something to it.

Post #527079th Apr 2006 9:59 pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Put the dog in a dog bag (see http://www.dog-bag.co.uk/) - this solves the problem of keeping the boot clean and you don't even need a boot liner as all the mud and hairs are kept inside the bag.
See my pics at http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=37

Let us know the details of the 3M film.
 Matt  
Post #5272610th Apr 2006 8:45 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

Scotland 

Matt, looking at those pics I see why you sold the RRS for the D3....... was nothing to do with vans and more practical cars, it was the numberplate! Laughing Laughing

Post #5273210th Apr 2006 9:12 am
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I've looked at the dog bags & will probably get one. It's actually kids climbing into the boot that I am more concerned about.
Thought I might velcro some black fabric on to the tailgate carpet. I have the flexible load mat, so I dont really want to go for the "bootsuit" option which has a fold out flap.

Post #5275510th Apr 2006 11:02 am
d3matt

LT,

Just found the perfect solution. Hatchbag (see www.hatchbag.co.uk) make a protection cover for the boot lid. They sell it for £15 and would probably sell it seperately. I'll definately get one when I get my new Disco (later this month).

I've used Hatchbag boot liners in three previous cars and they are very good. The only downside is that if they use too many double sided sticky velcro pads to hold it in place, they can peel off and not work too well. It depends on the vehicle/design.
 Matt  
Post #5275810th Apr 2006 11:21 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
d3matt

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Matt, looking at those pics I see why you sold the RRS for the D3....... was nothing to do with vans and more practical cars, it was the numberplate! Laughing Laughing

Yes, Tim. After all these years of owning this registration (and my wifes matching one), it would be great to put it on the right car.
 Matt  
Post #5275910th Apr 2006 11:22 am
LT

Thanks you are a STAR. the £15 cover is just exactly what I want. I'll order one later & report back once I've fitted it.

Post #5276210th Apr 2006 11:29 am
LT

Just ordered the cover for the tailgate carpet, you get a choice of black or grey, held in place with velcro.

Post #5279010th Apr 2006 1:31 pm
d3matt

I'll be getting one as well....when I get my D3 HSE later this month.
 Matt  
Post #5279910th Apr 2006 4:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >