Fiddling with air suspension Italian style
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
~Rich~

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Australian made by 4x4de:

http://www.4x4de.com.au/landrover-discovery-3-and-4#one

Very strong construction.
 2005 TDV6 HSE Silver, LLAMS Height Controller, Tinted Glass, Onroad - 19" GG AT's, Offroad - 18" 275/65 MT, Traxside Dual Battery kit, Rasta Protection Plate, Alpine Roof, BAS Remap, ARB Air Compressor, eDiff Smile Custom Drawer and storage unit -http://www.box.com/s/jem0ilac3cner2mexq64 UHF CB, 4x4 Intellegence RWC, 120ltr Long range tank, Rock Sliders and Compressor protection plate Beanie grill, De Tango.  
Post #103921821st Jan 2013 9:31 am
marcap599

Germany 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 S Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

~Rich~ wrote:
Australian made by 4x4de:

http://www.4x4de.com.au/landrover-discovery-3-and-4#one

Very strong construction.

Thanks, really good solution because still use the original bumper and the end result looks so nice.
 marcap599  
Post #103945621st Jan 2013 5:17 pm
Crocodile

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Thanks gentlemen! I'm now in a rather difficult position - I have to choose between the Aus' legendary reliability and Ferrari-like Italian design Wink I still would like to hear from people who used either of these for any length of time - given that both devices do essentially the same thing my choice will be dictated by reliability.

On the side line of this discussion: how waterproof is D4 generally? The manual states 70cm maximum wading depth, I assume this involves super-extended mode, and thus can be brought up by a maximum of 75mm with either of the suspension tweaks. My old D2 however regularly found itself submerged to the point where I couldn't see the side mirrors or the bonnet, albeit briefly (and at the cost of a new ECU - until I've relocated it inside the cab Wink ). No blown fuses or dysfunctional winches after such a bath... How good is D4 on this front? Do I need to seal the fuse box under the bonnet, or anything else for that matter (like the spare wheel lowering contraption in the boot)?

Many thanks in advance.

Post #104143224th Jan 2013 1:50 pm
~Rich~

LLAMS has been commercially available since Sept 2010 (not Beta testing).
ANITAS from topic posts looks like it was commercially availbale from Dec 2012 (not beta testing)

LLAMS has been proven to be reliable over this time, LLAMS is not a site sponsor.
ANITAS is new, however it is a site sponsor.

The choice is yours Wink
 2005 TDV6 HSE Silver, LLAMS Height Controller, Tinted Glass, Onroad - 19" GG AT's, Offroad - 18" 275/65 MT, Traxside Dual Battery kit, Rasta Protection Plate, Alpine Roof, BAS Remap, ARB Air Compressor, eDiff Smile Custom Drawer and storage unit -http://www.box.com/s/jem0ilac3cner2mexq64 UHF CB, 4x4 Intellegence RWC, 120ltr Long range tank, Rock Sliders and Compressor protection plate Beanie grill, De Tango.  
Post #104163324th Jan 2013 7:08 pm
marcap599

Germany 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 S Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

We also offer a 100% cash refund if you are not satisfied (actually, no one single go-back, also the beta's).

We wish to have only enthusiasts, not customers. Wink
 marcap599  
Post #104173624th Jan 2013 9:08 pm
Crocodile

Hey, I don't want to start a WW3 here! Wink Besides, we haven't heard from the Germans - is there anyone out there who uses Matzker device? Yes, it is twice as expensive but what if it's twice as good? Laughing

There's another thing I wanted to ask, and it is about roof racks: I am tempted to go for an official D4 rack, mostly because of aerodynamics and hence fuel economy. However, official figures (bless you Land Rover Whistle ) state max load at 54 kilos, which is rubbish. Is there anyone out there who uses the G4 rack and what are the alternatives? And should we move roof racks into a different thread? Wink

@Rich: I know there are nice racks made in Aus and NZ, but shipping will cost me three years of driving in diesel... Big Cry

Post #104175724th Jan 2013 9:40 pm
~Rich~

No problem!
I forgot to say I have had LLAMS fitted since Sept 2010 and last year went on an extreme test for my D3, a 3 week trip to the Simpson Desert. During the trip we had a period of 8 days where we did not see another vehicle or person! 6 days completely cross country giving LLAMS and the rest of the car hell. Of the 3 cars that went into this part of the desert one car a Nissan Patrol had to be left behind, it's alternator had a pulley disintegrate leaving it undrivable. We had to use a Sat phone to order in a new alternator to be flown into Birdsville. It was a 500km return trip through the desert to get the car mobile. The Patrol also suffered from a broken stabilizer bar mount, loss of the braking system and a cracked chassis. The D3 was fantastic and by far the most comfortable vehicle on the trip.

Yes we do have a good choice of accessories in Aus, you may be better buying a Prospeed rack rather than one from here.
Post #104181524th Jan 2013 11:00 pm
gseum

Germany 2010 LR4 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverLR4

Here is one of the germans: I don't want to pay for matzker - I invested in the faultmate msv-2 and have saved to settings for the suspension: street (-10 mm) and offroad (+50 mm). And I have the possibility to reset errors, change configuration...

Other friends here use Llams with no problems and great satisfaction.

Greetings
gseum
 Discovery 4/LR4 HSE 5.0 V8 MY2010 // Volvo XC60 II T8 Inscription Fusion Red MY2020 // Hyundai Kona Electric Trend MY2020 // Bürstner TravelVan 620G MY2020  
Post #104240625th Jan 2013 9:32 pm
Crocodile

Cheers buddy! Matzker does look a bit out of this world at €1100, but somehow LRO International chose them to showcase D4 mods Shocked Is it because Matzker makes the whole nine yards - the suspension, the wheels, the wheel carrier etc, I wonder? Wink

As far as faults clearing goes, I've invested in a Kiwi 2 OBDII-WiFi module (I'd be much happier with a wired model, but couldn't find one) and one of the iPhone programmes to go along. Didn't need to use it yet but hey, I've only had my D4 for a month... Wink

Post #104243125th Jan 2013 10:00 pm
satara

Switzerland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Hi there

I just bought a used D3 and am considering buying the ANITAS lift kit.

Has there been any new insight since the last post in January?
 "How hard can it be?!" (J. Clarkson) + www.satara.ch 
Post #119323626th Nov 2013 4:33 pm
D4JWW

South Africa 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I think Baben is selling the Italian system in South Africa, pm him for more info.
 A few mods... and keeping it all running...Faultmate MSV2
MY09EGR's blanked Thanks Bellautos, BAS 

Post #119335626th Nov 2013 6:37 pm
SteveMfr
Site Sponsor 

France 

I will add a shameless self plug - but because I also believe it to be relevant info too.

If you use the EASControl (or IIDTool which contains the same EAS functions) to reprogram your suspension heights, your suspension height changes are limited to roughly 40-50mm up and down depending on the original EAS calibration, height sensors, etc. If you use the EASControl in conjunction with rods you can go beyond that range (theoretically to the limits of suspension travel). Using the EASControl allows you to retain the in-cab adjustability that the Llams or Anitas offers - albeit a little slower as suspension height changes take about 30-45 sec (vid - lowering Rolling Eyes ) to do vs. the twist of a knob with Llams or Anitas. But as compensation, the EASControl / rods combo only requires installation of the rods (no clipping any wires or any electric install necessary) and gives you full diagnostic capability on the EAS system (or the full vehicle in the case of the IIDTool) including fault read/clear, live values, control output, etc. And when I looked at this several months ago, the EASControl / rods combo cost a little over half as much as the Llams or Anitas.

www.gap-diagnostic.com 

Post #119353526th Nov 2013 9:41 pm
D4JWW

South Africa 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Crocodile I'm not far from you if you want demo of both IIDTOOL and Faultmate, personally the prospeed rack is best design aerodynamically, Steve no shame in mentioning a great product, that I have used on my D3 in UK and family member's D3 in South Africa. Thumbs Up
Crocodile, here is my D3 going places, firstly because of inherent a capable 4x4 and secondly enhanced by using the IIDtool to lift ride height at a touch of a button when needed:
Offroad height + 45, good comparison with D1

Click image to enlarge
 A few mods... and keeping it all running...Faultmate MSV2
MY09EGR's blanked Thanks Bellautos, BAS 

Post #119354926th Nov 2013 9:51 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >