Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Webasto Fuel Burning Heater

FBH heating and ventilation
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
danrjm

Wales 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
FBH heating and ventilation

I have a Webasto 1533 timer unit installed in my 2008 D3, it was done a long time before I bought it. I also have the manual, but it's not that helpful really. My controller has two options, 'heating' and 'ventilation' - I really don't know what 'ventilation' does the symbol is a fan and my guess is that it can switch on the climate control fans in the cab to warm up the interior of the car... Is that right?

The manual says that if the 1533 is connected to the heater via the W bus, then 'ventilation' can be used, but only if the FBH has that function and it can only be operated when starting at a pre-set time (the 1533 unit I have allows you to just turn on the FBH by pressing the 'flame' button as well as pre-programming it). It says that if I have an analogue connection to the heater, then a summer/winter switch is installed and the 1533 will not have the 'ventilation' or 'heater' option but will do one or the other depending on the position of the switch. It also says that some functions are not available if the FHB is retrofitted, but mine is original with the car.

So, does anyone know exactly what 'ventilation' does, and how do I know if my 1533 is connected via the W bus or is analogue? There is a red cable coming out of the right pin but I'm not sure where it goes, although the 1533 is after market so maybe direct to the controller?

I was also thinking of installing a remote, which just appears to be a few changes to the 1533 I already have. Although all the online guides I've found to do this are all out-of-date and so I cannot find the components. Anyone know of a recent guide?

Post #218996627th Nov 2020 4:53 pm
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Yes ventilation I would think would start the fan.
If that option has been fitted.

The only way to know is set the timer to trigger in a few minutes time and sit in the car and see what happens.

There have been some cheap remote kits on eBay, but they are expensive currently
If the timer works you may as well use it

Post #219000027th Nov 2020 7:12 pm
lynalldiscovery

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Metropolis LE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

On me boat it runs just the fan, penny to a pound in the D3 it will do nowt!

Post #219001127th Nov 2020 7:51 pm
Motolab

Netherlands 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

We have to devide two things regarding webasto FBHeaters and webasto universal accessories...
In:
Webasto parts Car Factory fitted and webasto aftermarket parts

Although universal webasto accessories sometimes can be retrofitted and or work, they can be work different “if” than designed...

A 1533 is a universal Webasto device, so not landrover device..

The fan function, is a summer function, to blow the excessive heat out of the motor before you enter it...(on so called digital FBHeaters)

If a 1533 is retrofitted in a LR functions will be different.. that fan function will not work, because the LR software will not allow this function...

A webasto remote, will also not work on a LR D3 TTV, it is all in the LR ordered software (ecu) in the Webasto..... “blame” LR for it, not webasto...

IF you have a Webasto IPCU fitted, the fan function will work, BUT only with the mentioned extra summer/winter switch ;-(

Here is the manual how to fit that..

https://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/us...motopv.pdf[/url]
 Best regards
Harold

Always looking for Pre '55's & Pre war British Motorcycles! knowing or having one for sale? PM please. I visit the UK 6 times a year

Ps. I edit my texts quite often, english is not my native language, so I will edit My “typo’s” etc. Wink 

Post #219001727th Nov 2020 8:09 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >