Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

'Farting' Rear Wiper
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Mossy

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
'Farting' Rear Wiper

My rear wiper works fine for about ten minutes, but after this, it starts to make a progressively louder 'farting' noise - bit like a piston venting off. The wiper seems to work fine though.

Anybody else got a noisy rear wiper? I know it's the bum Embarassed end of my car but really...
Wink
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #315857th Dec 2005 11:45 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BN

England 
Re: 'Farting' Rear Wiper

Mossy wrote:
My rear wiper works fine for about ten minutes, but after this, it starts to make a progressively louder 'farting' noise - bit like a piston venting off. The wiper seems to work fine though.

Anybody else got a noisy rear wiper? I know it's the bum Embarassed end of my car but really...
Wink

Yes, this was brought up ages ago mossy. A bit of WD40 or similar on the hinge bit or get the dealer to replace the arm can cure it. The main problem is that the blade parks and sits in the sun. This distorts the blade and on one stroke it judders across the screen.

Post #315877th Dec 2005 11:50 am
Mossy

BN wrote:
Mossy wrote:

Wink

Yes, this was brought up ages ago mossy. A bit of WD40 or similar on the hinge bit or get the dealer to replace the arm can cure it. The main problem is that the blade parks and sits in the sun. This distorts the blade and on one stroke it judders across the screen.

Well e x c uuuuuuuuu se me..... I did do a search first but it turned up nothing related. Wink

Thanks for that.. off to sulk. Crying or Very sad
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #315897th Dec 2005 11:56 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BN

England 

Mossy wrote:
BN wrote:
Mossy wrote:

Wink

Well e x c uuuuuuuuu se me..... I did do a search first but it turned up nothing related. Wink

Not meant like that mossy Embarassed , but we covered it a great deal and many dealers simply replace the lot. I suggest you ask for the same.

Post #315947th Dec 2005 12:55 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

BN wrote:
Mossy wrote:
BN wrote:
Mossy wrote:

Wink

Not meant like that mossy Embarassed , but we covered it a great deal and many dealers simply replace the lot. I suggest you ask for the same.

I had mine replaced after 2 months of ownership. What happened was that the salt from the road got into the assembly and siezed it up. It made some noises before giving up.

I would suggest yours has gone the same way. A bit of oil may prolong it, but let the dealer worry about it or Land Rover will never improve it in the future.

Post #315967th Dec 2005 1:22 pm
Mossy

Gareth wrote:
BN wrote:
Mossy wrote:
BN wrote:
Mossy wrote:

Wink

I had mine replaced after 2 months of ownership. What happened was that the salt from the road got into the assembly and siezed it up. It made some noises before giving up.

I would suggest yours has gone the same way. A bit of oil may prolong it, but let the dealer worry about it or Land Rover will never improve it in the future.

BN.. now who's being sensitive.. Laughing
Gareth, I'll keep an eye on it - I'm sure I'll be in the dealers' Rolling Eyes soonish and I'll flag it up.
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #315977th Dec 2005 1:30 pm
Ecosse

Yes, this was picked up at the start of the year Wink , LR have acknowledged it as an issue & they put a modified arm/link on mine - I think it has something like Teflon on the moving joints. Very Happy certainly solves the problem - otherwise, remove the cap on the pivot & squirt WD40 into it every week or two Wink

Post #317078th Dec 2005 8:31 am
Locki

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

I had the same problem bout 6 month ago. Than I got a new rear wiper unit. Now - 6 month later - the "new" wiper is working noisie again. Mad Mad

Post #3373118th Dec 2005 7:10 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >