Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Extended Warranties
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
RAK

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Extended Warranties

Car will be 3 years old in January (doesnt time go quick when your enjoying yourself) and just received a letter from LR inviting me to extend my warranty for £835 or £945 with assistance.
Looks like it covers the major bits and pieces, have done 36000 miles and have had a couple of faults with the suspension & EPB both sorted.
Hate giving money to insurers but is it worth it?
Cheers
Bob

This post has been edited by the site administration team
Moved to F,I&W

Post #85786511th Nov 2011 10:07 pm
John C

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

I've had Warranty Direct, and LR Approved. WD covers more, costs less, and can be claimed in just the same way through your LR dealer using 1-Link (or whatever they call it). Major difference is that you have to get your claim approved, pay for it, and then claim back from WD, so if cash-flow is an issue, it may not be for you. Thumbs Up
 2020 SDV6 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey +
2022 Tesla Model Y LR... almost Carpathian Grey
Previously : 2005 TDV6 SE Auto, Cairns Blue (288K) - ours for 16 years 

Post #85786711th Nov 2011 10:11 pm
RAK

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Have completed an online quote for Luxury Care with WD at a franchised dealer at £845 and expect them to call me back with a better offer.

Can you give advice on what I need to secure in the barter eg
Betterment
Radio's
Excess
& roughly how much I should pay

Last point is do all extended warranties exclude the clutch

Many thanks for the advice

Post #85792412th Nov 2011 9:15 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

I'm about to start a WD Luxury care policy in December....the price started at £850ish but with Slimers advice on his policy negotiation I managed to get it down to £650 including

Franchised rates
No betterment ( though this is automatic up to 60k miles )
Zero excess
Airbags & Emissions
Sat Nav & ICE

I had a real mind battle about whether to go with LR or WD or anyone at all ... from reading peoples experiences on here they all seem to be a bit hit and miss.... but in the end the wear & tear cover did it for me Thumbs Up
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #85793912th Nov 2011 10:34 am
sean 471

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Pursuit LE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Re: Extended Warranties

RAK wrote:
Car will be 3 years old in January (doesnt time go quick when your enjoying yourself) and just received a letter from LR inviting me to extend my warranty for £835 or £945 with assistance.
Looks like it covers the major bits and pieces, have done 36000 miles and have had a couple of faults with the suspension & EPB both sorted.
Hate giving money to insurers but is it worth it?
Cheers
Bob

Just be aware that the Landrover extended warrenty does cover electoronics but not broken wires. Just had mine in for air bag light on under extended warrenty guess what broken wire and not sensor. So 50 pounds please. Guess what light now back on.

Sean
This post has been edited by the site administration team
Moved to F,I&W

Post #85796812th Nov 2011 11:59 am
Rescue01

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

DG wrote:
I'm about to start a WD Luxury care policy in December....the price started at £850ish but with Slimers advice on his policy negotiation I managed to get it down to £650 including

Franchised rates
No betterment ( though this is automatic up to 60k miles )
Zero excess
Airbags & Emissions
Sat Nav & ICE

I had a real mind battle about whether to go with LR or WD or anyone at all ... from reading peoples experiences on here they all seem to be a bit hit and miss.... but in the end the wear & tear cover did it for me Thumbs Up

Be careful when claiming on the emission side of things,i have just had a EGR replaced and although it states in the policy they are covered the turned down the claim!!

What is not covered quote from the policy "Breakdown or damage to parts caused by frost,water,freezing liquids,CARBON BUILD UP,sludge or silt,or other waste matter that has prevented the parts from working properly."

Typical get out clause, i will be chasing them up about this so hopefully will get something back!!
 Its not the height of the fall but the sudden stop at the bottom that hurts!!  
Post #85799712th Nov 2011 1:39 pm
bambi

England 

Just looking down this road and last night came across a company called myvehiclewarranty.co.uk, offering a gilt cover lifetime policy for just under £600.

Has anybody on here heard of em, cos for the price of 1 year wd policy i get lifetime of vehicle ownership.

Enjoy worry free motoring, our lifetime policy will cover your car for a one-off payment for the whole time you own it, regardless of age or mileage! Please remember there is no excess to pay, no limit to the number of claims and no hidden charges, and you can choose where your vehicle is fixed – peace of mind motoring.

sound pretty good.

Post #85806312th Nov 2011 5:21 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >