Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

experience driver mishap at billing
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
bear100

Wales 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
experience driver mishap at billing

yes thats right we (well he ) crashed the new disco 4 on the tiny experience course at billing about 10ish thursday am Embarassed

it started off quite well over the humped trailer, (i really like the cams here), then around to drive on an angle along the side of the trailer, i could tell sitting i the passenger seat that the rear wheel was not on the ramp, that sort of floppy back end sensation going on, but the driver said if it was off we would know by now!! fair enough i said and then all of a sudden as the front end was heading down the ramp crash crunch bang wallop ohh s Censored t he said i think we have a puncture Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed then said the ride is over and hurried us out of the car as quick as he could with a purple tinge to his face, not even a sorry or please call back later for another go, very rude Confused
but on the bright side all watching had a giggle and my 4 year boy and 7 year old girl didnt even notice, must be used to it with the mrs's driving Whistle Whistle

couple of hours later, new wheel and tyre and door trims it was back in action Very Happy

anyone see our horrific crash Wink

Post #81918120th Jul 2011 9:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Calcul@tor

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 4

Are you saying it actually fell right over on to its side? Surely that would do a bit more damage than a couple of trims? Or is there something to stop it going the whole way over?
 D4 XS MY12 Galway  
Post #82626616th Aug 2011 4:29 pm
pjgraham86

Scotland 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 4

Probably not the best post for me to be reading before I set off for an LR Experience half day at the Scottish centre in Dunkeld ! I'll not share that one with the Mrs who is coming with me....!

I've done it once before but looking forward to driving the D4 having ordered one this time....

P

Post #82680718th Aug 2011 9:02 am
pjgraham86

Scotland 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 4

We had a fantastic day at LRE in Dunkeld.

They've updated things since I was last there with the DVD presentation before you get in the car - very helpful for mechano-phobes (new word) like me and the Mrs ! She now knows what a differential is

Libby the instructor was really excellent - showed the Mrs how to attach a trailer using the surround cameras which we've specified. She will find hitching up her horse trailer a piece of cake.

The driving itself was terrific - the D4 is able to inspire great confidence and yet I was amazed that it did not feel like a big car when manoeuvring, albeit the cameras helped a bit !

We really had a lot of fun and learnt loads. In fact we talked driving home about going back and doing another session after our D4 XS arrives - probably when the winter arrrives (that'll be next week in Glasgow then LOL) - to get a bit more tuition focussed on snow/icy conditions.

Needless to say, I thoroughly recommend it !

P

Post #82717219th Aug 2011 1:45 pm
chocolademan

Norway 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Re: experience driver mishap at billing

bear100 wrote:

anyone see our horrific crash Wink

I saw it!! It was hilarious! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Thought it was all part of the test drive Laughing . The guy must have been new and was very RED! Embarassed
He went over to the other 2 blokes stood there, (one must have been his boss) and said very sheepishly..
"I think we have a puncture Embarassed " Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

The reply was " NO S Censored T!!"

He then got a Bol Censored ing and was told to concentrate on driving and not to talk to the customers.
So really it was your fault for asking too many questions Whistle Laughing

That was a good start to our day, cheers Thumbs Up
 Faultmate MSV2 MultiVehicle
D3: Tailgate Actuator DIY: http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/use...IY%7E0.pdf 

Post #82717819th Aug 2011 2:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >