Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

EPB strip/refurb
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
RRR207

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 TDV6 GS Manual Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
EPB strip/refurb

My Dad has just taken my car for it's MOT & he was told the EPB 'just scrapped through'

I note the various posts by DiscoMike etc that describe how to do but as I'm in Uganda & my car is in the UK I'm going to have to pay someone to do it.....

1. Can anyone give me a ball park figure on what cost to expect?

2. Can anyone suggest an indie in/around Sturminster Newton (Dorset) who maybe able to do it?

I do a lot of off-roading when I'm in the UK so expect the problem is it's full of c Censored p & hopefully stripping it down will fix it but am prepared that it may need pads aswell, I suppose there is also the argument that as it's being stripped you may as well put pads in while you're there?

Thanks in advance
 Nick

2010 D4 ....... now gone and replaced with a 05RRV Autobiography

Member of Wessex4x4Response, (Bristol team) 

Post #12800016th May 2014 7:36 am
gensetsteve

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Commercial Auto Belize GreenDiscovery 4

My rear shoes were done under warranty by a main dealer last august and a right cock up they made. In your position I would get an independant that has experience to do the work.

The epb setup is well worth doing yourself using the bodsy guide on here especially if you off road a bit. I think most problems with drum brakes occur because they seize up and fail to release properly. With a switch in the cab you cant feel things not realeasing or wearing out.

A crap idea on a 4x4 imo but we are stuck with it so just need to look after it.

Advance on here does a set of 4 shoes for £55 and a fitting kit is worth getting at the same time. I just paid £75 for genuine just one side and no fitting kit.
 D4  
Post #12800146th May 2014 8:21 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >