Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

EPB Puzzle
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
HughMartin

Scotland 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4
EPB Puzzle

I lent my D4 to my son and the first time he parked up, the EPB seized on. He couldn't get it to release so I talked him through the emergency parking brake release procedure which of course left him with no parking brake and red and amber parking brake warnings. By the time he returned the car a few days later, the brake had reset itself and is now working normally. I wasn't aware that the EPB can reset itself without any "expert" input. The last time the epb seized on me (about 6 weeks previously), I tried every thing I could including checking and re-adjusting the shoes and attempting to reset using an IID device without success and I ended up taking it into LR to get it repaired under warranty (complete replacement of epb unit and shoes).

I now have two faults registered.

1. U2002-01 (68) Switch general electrical failure - General failure information - general electrical failure on the day it failed on my son

2. C1104-68 (68) Brake bedding mode - Algorithm based failure - event information on the day the epb was replaced by LR

Two questions for the experts out there -

First, Is the epb supposed to reset itself without any intervention?

Second, Looking at the brake bedding error, is it likely the bedding in procedure wasn't completed correctly by LR.

I have it booked in for LR to look at again even although it seems to be working again but would appreciate any info from our knowledgeable forum folk.

Update. I have just found info in the workshop manual saying that C1104-68 is not a fault. It is just saying that the bedding mode has been activated. I would therefore expect this after shoes have been replaced.

Post #191604218th Feb 2018 3:13 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >