Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

EPB Fault (manual TDV6)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
KevB

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
EPB Fault (manual TDV6)

Well my turn for an EPB fault Rolling Eyes . Over the past few months i have had my parking brake adjusted several times because of the parking brake not releasing fully (independent garage), but tonight when pulling onto the drive, I got a screamer. After turning the ignition off, the scream stopped, and I am now getting a warning saying the parking brake system is not working along with a red flashing light. ( no emergency release needed)

I was told after the last adjustment if the problem persisted it would probably need a new actuator fitting. Does anyone know the rough cost I would pay for this work and if the car will be safe to use in the mean time? I am about to be made redundant from work so hope my Tesco warranty covers the bill? Sad

Post #56768919th Dec 2009 11:07 pm
NeilD

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

From memory when I had it done under warranty it was a 4 hour job and about £150.00 parts Shocked I think its housed above the rear diff so its a bit of a Censored to get to.

I'd say speak with TFC to get a fixed quote or proper recce Thumbs Up
 My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/NeilDisco#p/u/5/Dz4-Q95GQ2c
Photo Sets http://www.flickr.com/photos/16658684@N08/sets/72157625275139752/ 

Post #56769619th Dec 2009 11:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
KevB

Thanks for your reply Neil. The problem seems to have corrected itself for now, and its working perfectly, so not sure whats going on Confused

Kev

Post #56833921st Dec 2009 12:52 pm
alanwxr

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Think you'll find it'll soon be back once it's had a screamer! Big Cry

Post #56834621st Dec 2009 1:10 pm
KevB

alanwxr wrote:
Think you'll find it'll soon be back once it's had a screamer! Big Cry

How right you were. Evil or Very Mad I was down the coast the other day taking a few photos (got a bit wet in the process), gets back to the car wanting to get home and dried, only to find I was going knowhere due to EPB fault. I decided to pull the emergency release which i struggled to do ( I'm 16 1/2 st), and the Censored cable snapped in the process. I finally managed to get away after 45 minutes of trying. The car is now in getting the actuator replaced so hopefully that will be the end of EPB problems for a while, at least.

Post #5760547th Jan 2010 4:16 pm
chris d3

United Kingdom 

£620 at les pots at grangetown and it lasted a month before it had to be done again (actuator died twice) try landrover team valley

Post #5763947th Jan 2010 11:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Discoed

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4
Re: EPB Fault (manual TDV6)

KevB wrote:
Well my turn for an EPB fault Rolling Eyes . Over the past few months i have had my parking brake adjusted several times because of the parking brake not releasing fully (independent garage), but tonight when pulling onto the drive, I got a screamer. After turning the ignition off, the scream stopped, and I am now getting a warning saying the parking brake system is not working along with a red flashing light. ( no emergency release needed)

I was told after the last adjustment if the problem persisted it would probably need a new actuator fitting. Does anyone know the rough cost I would pay for this work and if the car will be safe to use in the mean time? I am about to be made redundant from work so hope my Tesco warranty covers the bill? Sad

Kev - just curious I have a red flashing brake warning light even with the ignition off - it flashes away to itself all night!! - did this happen to you? My EPB often reports a fault and if I don't release it as soon as I turn the ignition on (before it does a system check) it won't release.

Post #74755216th Jan 2011 10:45 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >