DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Engine not starting in hot'ish weather - then it did
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Grahjam

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Engine not starting in hot'ish weather - then it did

Hi all

The joys of LR ownership - after a bit of advice if anyone has had similar issues

Was driving along in my disco 3, (TDV6, 06 plate, 188k on the clock) yesterday all fine, weather a nice 24 degrees in the UK. Stood in a bit of traffic for a couple of minutes then parked up in a multi storey car park. Temp gauge fine, engine running fine.

Came back to the car 20 minutes later, tried to start the car, engine turned fine but not a hint of starting. Tried 3 times with no success. Popped the bonnet to see if any obvious issues, but none. Did however notice the engine bay was vey hot. Scratched my head, pushed on the fuses and relays in the fuse box and decided it might be an issue with a sensor or something being too hot. Left the bonnet up, took the top plastic engine cover off and left it for 30 minutes or so to cool down.

Tried the ignition again and started first time, drove home, 30 mins drive on the motorway parked up, turned the engine off and then tried to start it 5 mins later - started first time.

I'm thinking the engine & engine bay might have just been too warm having stood in traffic for a few minutes, but this is just a guess - has anyone else had similar issue and if so was there a fix?

Thanks for any input

GMC

Post #237356719th Jul 2024 10:35 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >