Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Engine damage from oil overfill?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Alex08

Scotland 
Engine damage from oil overfill?

Thankfully not the Dsico but SWMBO's MB SLK Roadster. Went in for a service today, came out £400 lighter and belching smoke from the exhaust. MRs A08 notice the smoke and when the engine lost all power continued around the block and straight back to the dealers (interestingly Stratstones this week, not MB/Vardy as last week) and gave them it back. To give him his due the service manager had the decency to be highly embarrased by this as some Censored had emptied all of the 5.5L of oil they insist on using into the car and not checked the level.

So, when I go back tomorrow to see the MD with this and a list of other woes they have caused over the last 6 months due to negligence and incompetence, apart from me now having the £400 back, what do I need to get them to do to the engine. Obviously it has had the oil in the combustion chambers so presumably this has gone through the breathers and into the manifold. What about the Kompressor - will this have been affected? what should I get them to change in view of potential damage? The injectors? Plugs? Catalyst? I realise that the seals and gaskets may be damaged by this - would a compression check help at this stage or will a bit of paper saying any future problems are their fault (and Mastercards!) and will be dealt with as and when. The car was probably driven about 1 mile like this and I am to say the least Censored off with the whole thing.

Once I have a settlement with the MD it will be off to trading standards as they have been just too incompetent this time for £120/hr.

However I would appreciate any comments/suggestions from those who know about what to ask them to do. I suspect that left to their own devices the will drain the excess oil and give it back to me.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Post #16898920th Jun 2007 11:22 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

$hitstones strike again eh? Thud
TBH, given the distance driven, correcting the oil level should be all that is required, a cat. and a set of plugs would make them more attentive though..... Wink

Post #16900320th Jun 2007 11:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
AndrewS
Tarquin of the Desert 

United Kingdom 

Sounds like you are on top of it chap Thumbs Up
 In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.  
Post #16900420th Jun 2007 11:41 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >