Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

ECU map read / write fault reset equipment
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
dick dastardly

Switzerland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
ECU map read / write fault reset equipment

I've bought a little box that can read and write ECU maps / logs / and reset fault codes for £320 inc post. For that the supplier will use my original map file and create 2 tuned maps that I can upload. Using the original map as base means that my car config (DPF cleaning cycles etc) is preserved. I downloaded my map, zipped it up and emailed to the supplier.

The first map arrived yesterday. Its only an ECO tune to save fuel but reduces turbo lag and solves the lack of acceleration in 6th gear problems of the standard map. Dont have any fuel figures yet. Nothing spectacular (only +30bhp) but the car is just nicer to drive. Awaiting the 2nd map with anticipation as this should be the full monty (but still road going).

The magic box can reload original or tuned maps as often as you need, download ECU logs and read and reset fault codes. The supplier is not a site sponsor yet, but I've asked him if he would be interested, awaiting reply.

Might now be able to compare TT with JE with TC !

Ideal kit for remote peeps, none of this retarded timing overfuelling by tuning boxes, but a real remap with control over all parameters. Can also restore to normal for places with dodgy diesel.
 There's one wheel on my wagon, but i'm still rollin' along, it's the cherokee, they're after me, but I'm singing a happy song  
Post #3164621st Jul 2008 10:14 pm
DiscoDad

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Hi Mr Dastardly,

Is this anything to do with this - http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic22802.html

Post #3164641st Jul 2008 10:19 pm
disco4x4au

Australia 

If not, what is it?

Cheers,

Gordon
 ex - 2006 D3 TDV6 SE, silver, with lots of stuff - R.I.P.
ex - 2009 D3 TDV6 SE, silver, had lots of stuff too!
Now - 2010 RRS 3.0 TDV6, rimini red, 18" rims + Cooper LTZ, rear eLocker, Spider tuning box, GOE protection plates and rock sliders, GOE 3way shortened rods. 

Post #3165402nd Jul 2008 1:24 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
heine

South Africa 2009 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3
Re: ECU map read / write fault reset equipment

dick dastardly wrote:
I've bought a little box that can read and write ECU maps / logs / and reset fault codes for £320 inc post.

Any idea what fault codes it can do

Post #3165782nd Jul 2008 8:35 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Rob Bruce

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Maya GoldDiscovery 3

Was talking to workshop foremam at the steelers today, in conservation about ECUs he mentioned there has been some damaged ECUs from some of these plug in seaders and fault code reseters that have proved very expencive Shocked
Just passing on what I was told,
Has eneyone had this probem that is willing to admit it Question
What ones are safe and useable Question

Rob

Post #3165952nd Jul 2008 9:16 am
heine

South Africa 2009 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

I know my brother had his ecu on his beemer fried by someone (BMW recommeded) when they plugged their reader in .

Post #3166012nd Jul 2008 9:32 am
dick dastardly

DiscoDad wrote:
Hi Mr Dastardly,

Is this anything to do with this - http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic22802.html

The box looks exaclty the same (apart from colour & some removed makings in the topic pic) the functions described are also exactly the same. The supplier is the original supplier via UK outlet and the price is cheeper (only £320 inc. 2 maps plus postage to switzerland). Havent fried anything yet !
 There's one wheel on my wagon, but i'm still rollin' along, it's the cherokee, they're after me, but I'm singing a happy song  
Post #3167752nd Jul 2008 5:12 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Who is the supplier ?

Any contact details? Thumbs Up
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #3167762nd Jul 2008 5:17 pm
dick dastardly

Re: ECU map read / write fault reset equipment

heine wrote:
dick dastardly wrote:
I've bought a little box that can read and write ECU maps / logs / and reset fault codes for £320 inc post.

Any idea what fault codes it can do

Tried it once, menu allows one option only (reset all or nothing). As there was nothing to reset cant say if it worked or not. Didnt fry anything though.

Had one problem when lights came on (opened door) whilst up loading, caused uploading fault, apparently car battery voltage drop can occur. Unit is powered via CAN bus. Uploading fault is apparently a very bad thing. Just turned everything off and started upload again, worked OK.

Not sure if the guy doing the tunes has enough LR experience, seems to be taking his time with the 2nd tune because he wants to "get it right" as this will be the full power version. I'm happy enough with the 1st map though Mr. Green
Post #3167822nd Jul 2008 5:24 pm
dick dastardly

The unit is tied to one car only, but the supplier also sells a multi car version so I could go around frying all me mates cars too Laughing
Post #3167902nd Jul 2008 5:39 pm
PaulP

Spain 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

wiggs wrote:
Who is the supplier ?

Any contact details? Thumbs Up

What Wiggs said......

If you don't tell us who the supplier is then there's not much point telling us all about it Wink Laughing

It would seem that there's a rash of these devices on the market recently. First Baben in SA started selling them, now two of the site sponsors are selling them and you found one too....it's also funny how everybody is developing a second map, but nobody seems to have one ready yet... Confused It makes you think that all of the recent re-maps/boxes are coming from the same single source Shocked

I would definitely go with one of the site sponsors, but the price is way too high at the moment. Yours, however, for 320 GBP sounds very tempting. Does that include absolutely everything you need?

Give us some more details and your impressions on the remap when you get a chance Mr D Thumbs Up
 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham Blue
2007 Golf GT DSG 

Post #3168452nd Jul 2008 8:05 pm
DiscoStu

England 

PaulP wrote:
....it's also funny how everybody is developing a second map, but nobody seems to have one ready yet... Confused It makes you think that all of the recent re-maps/boxes are coming from the same single source Shocked

Makes me happy to stick with my tried and tested tune from a reliable source Thumbs Up
 Disco 5 HSE Lux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peyiqaJrmMU 

Post #3168552nd Jul 2008 8:57 pm
dick dastardly

Dont want to upset sponsors / site admin by doing free advertising. However dont want to upset members by holding back info on the competition. So it'll probably end up a case of shooting the messenger - cant win Rolling Eyes .

If you already have a tune you can preserve it against the stealers overwriting it by backing it up.
Thinking of getting a TT tune anyway if TFC can work on .BIN files for a reasonable price. Dont think that suppliers tune can be quite as good as someone who understands LR machinery.

£320 included everything including a second (not yet delivered remap) and tempted me. tis funny that that all promise a 2nd tune that aint there yet ! I'm happy with the mild tune that I have because even if its not spectacular (+30bhp) it remedies the 6th gear acceleration feeling. The MY08 is quite nifty in lower gears anyway.

might PM you if you say pretty please Laughing
Post #3168882nd Jul 2008 9:37 pm
PaulP

Spain 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

dick dastardly wrote:
might PM you if you say pretty please Laughing

Pretty please with Swiss chocolate on top Wink
 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham Blue
2007 Golf GT DSG 

Post #3169132nd Jul 2008 10:08 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

You may mention it but cannot actively advertise Smile
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #3169152nd Jul 2008 10:11 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >