Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

Eccentric alignment bolts
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
DiscoStevey

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Izmir BlueDiscovery 4
Eccentric alignment bolts

Howdy all, its been a trouble free (everything crossed 🤞) year so far, but I've just noticed my eccentric adjustment bolts on the front kind of both point the same way. By which I mean I would expect them to be roughly a mirror image of each other, not both pointing at the same side of the car. I do seem to get some odd handling characteristics sometimes. She seems to need a bit of left hand down and big bumps like potholes seem to twitch the back end sideways slightly. Best way I can describe it is like she's always fighting me a bit. She never seems settled, like if I took my hands off the wheel she'd end up on the pavement. I've always put it down to it being a big heavy car after a life of fast saloons but now I'm starting to wonder. Tyres seem to be wearing evenly, pressures are always bang on and I was going to have all the rear bushes looked at come service time. She's done 96k. Fronts were done 12 months ago. I've had an alignment done, but I'm not convinced it was an ALIGNMENT if you know what I mean. Could someone explain the process of a PROPER alignment please, so I know what to ask for?
 Jaguar Land Rover: "Building great cars, badly."  
Post #195866830th Jun 2018 5:34 pm
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

The bolts should be rear head facing forward and the front the head facing the rear, I have found some cars with the bolts the wrong way round in the past on the front lower arms.
Did you get new drop links and arb bushes done at the same time?.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #195868930th Jun 2018 7:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >