Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

DVD Player/ Dome Light
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
CJS

Scotland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4
DVD Player/ Dome Light

My HSE came with an aftermarket roof-mounted DVD player. It was Land Rover approved but was not great quality and kept stopping half way through discs. I recently replaced it with a superb Alpine unit. However when the interior lights dim the lights on the DVD player buzz. I have been told this is because Discovery 3 lights dim rather than just shut off and the relay in the unit buzzes as the voltage drops. I am thinking of disconnecting the unit's interior lights and fitting another light in front of it. Has anyone heard of this problem and if so any suggestions?

Post #12399525th Jan 2007 8:52 pm
RichieP

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3

Similar problem when I had my two Blaupunkts installed. I had a local car installer do the screens install (I did the rest) and the brief was for the lights to come on and off with the centre lights. They came back with the same problem and even tried a relay and that didn't work (i.e. it buzzed like you say).

There might be a solution as I know Prestige Audio installers have got this to work, but my own install cost about half the PA cost! and I can live without the lights (they do work as they have been wired to permanent live - but potential for the kids to leave the light on and drain the battery) - as unlike you I still have my centre light cluster Confused

I know this might not help you but It someone comes up with a solution I'll be the first to try it!

Richard

Post #12401125th Jan 2007 9:46 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >