Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Driving lamp fault after a days offroad.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
BarryG

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
Driving lamp fault after a days offroad.

Hope someone might be able to help me here.

We were off road last sunday , drove home after , no problems and all was fine.
the following morning went to my start disco and "nothing" a few clicks and dimm
bash lights.

Tosser I though you have left light on all night .... but when I checked all switch's were in the off position,
Puzzled by this I popped the hud and while doing this I noticed that my driving Lamps were on
(faint light coming from them) , It looks like these light were on all night and this is what killed the battery
(Driving lamps attached to A-Bar Land rover OEM versions)

this is where it gets funny the lamps were on , yet the lights were turned off ...

When you turn on full beams these lamps also turn on , in my case full beams was not on
indeed lights were not on ... yet my lamps were on . I jumped started the Disco off SWMBO

Lamps still on .... turned on/off light turned on/off lamps switch .... Lamps srtil on
For a finish I had to remove the 15Amp fuse to turn them off.

In a rush to get to Work I just closed the hud and drove off. While driving I got the following errors
Park brake failure warning (Orange buld on dash) , HDC also reported that is was unavailable
and where you see your gear selected (1,-6 + R) was just showing "E" .. this was all cleared
after a reboot of the ECU

It looks like I have a Faulty relay on the Lamps ? my first thoughts ...

Anyone any Ideas.

Post #22888528th Nov 2007 3:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Wex

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Any news regarding the above Barry ?

Post #22949830th Nov 2007 11:28 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
blueanchorinn
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3

Where did you attach the jump leads on SWMBO Laughing
 Pot Noodle Challenge Winner 2011
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person 

Post #22950130th Nov 2007 11:48 am
BarryG

not yet Discowex Neutral , I have not had the time to go at it since pulling the fuse out on monday
I'll be having a look in the morning and post my findings Thumbs Up

Post #22950430th Nov 2007 11:56 am
D'arkuk

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

blueanchorinn wrote:

If his SWMBO is anything like my SWMBO the mouth would be a good point, I recon mine could power a small town off hers. Whistle
 Brute force and ignorance, the D3 does the rest.  
Post #22950730th Nov 2007 12:05 pm
Wex

The HDC fault that you get is related to the gear select display.HDC wont kick in as the car doesn't know what gear it is in.( Wish I knew that at the top of that descent at the weekend Rolling Eyes ).I can help you get your gear display back in action if need be , give me a bell if you like.

PS . Got ther back today , new clutch , flywheel and two modules as a fix for my persistent gear display problem.

Hope the wifes nipple bruising wasn't too severe Whistle

Post #22950930th Nov 2007 12:09 pm
Wex

Quote:
this was all cleared
after a reboot of the ECU

I really should read posts fully Rolling Eyes

Post #22951130th Nov 2007 12:15 pm
WillMyth

Ireland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Lugano TealDiscovery 3

Good to see yours is going again DW Thumbs Up

Post #22955830th Nov 2007 3:00 pm
Wex

Ta Will Thumbs Up

Post #22955930th Nov 2007 3:04 pm
chesters

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

If anyone needs to reset there gear display I've done it with a little help form TFC, and it's been fine ever since. Better than a trip to the dealer. Here is a copy of his post. This cleared my EPB amber fault and reset the HDC.

IF you're also getting a slow indication of selected gear, it's possible to recalibrate the gear selection indicator switch...
Start the vehicle, drive in reverse until the 'R' indicator displays, then drive in all gears (without switching the engine off) waiting until the selected gear is indicated before changing up a gear all the way up to 6th gear. this can be done in low ration if distance is limited. stop, switch off and remove the key - wait until the park brake indicator lamp goes out and all will be fine Wink

If you have an auto box, once the reverse gear is recognised, use command shift to manually select the gears.
problems with the speed sensor above the rear output shaft on the transfer box usually also cause suspension errors.
 Arctic Frost Discovery 3 TDV6 SE, Active Rear Diff, Adaptive Head Lights, Tow Pack, Ebony Leather, Roof Rails, Mantec Guard. Tasmod Stainless Sill plates. Grabber AT's. Home made mud flaps. Side Steps back on until the next time.  
Post #22956730th Nov 2007 3:27 pm
BarryG

blueanchorinn wrote:

round the neck Thumbs Up .... started first time Whistle

Post #22958030th Nov 2007 4:06 pm
Wex

Quote:
If anyone needs to reset there gear display I've done it with a little help form TFC, and it's been fine ever since. Better than a trip to the dealer. Here is a copy of his post. This cleared my EPB amber fault and reset the HDC.

Thats the one Chester.Problem was it only cleared the fault for a wee while.Ive been in about seven times with this fault , remedies used included the one TFC posted , X-Y sensor over transmission box numerous reconfigures etc.This time two modules ( forget the exact ones) have been replaced and fingers crossed it won't happen again.Also worth noting that reversing lights are lost in tandem with the other symptoms.

Quote:
blueanchorinn wrote:
Where did you attach the jump leads on SWMBO

round the neck .... started first time

Bang goes my nipple clamp theory then.

Post #22958730th Nov 2007 4:15 pm
chesters

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

Reversing lights thats a new one, I never new that, the information you can get from this site is fantastic.

Thumbs Up
 Arctic Frost Discovery 3 TDV6 SE, Active Rear Diff, Adaptive Head Lights, Tow Pack, Ebony Leather, Roof Rails, Mantec Guard. Tasmod Stainless Sill plates. Grabber AT's. Home made mud flaps. Side Steps back on until the next time.  
Post #22958930th Nov 2007 4:26 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >