DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

Driver door lock and seat memory buttons
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
webego

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4
Driver door lock and seat memory buttons

Evening all,

So I have a couple of issue with this new D4. Firstly the driver door will not lock with the fob and secondly the array of buttons on the driver door panel for central locking and seat memory selection are dead. I have had the door card out tonight and a fiddle around, also changed a fuse for the seat memory (No.40 5amp I think it was) but still no luck. Big Cry

So firstly the lock. I noticed tonight that I can lock it from the inside via the mechanical switch/lever next to the door handle. And if I climb over to the passenger side, get out and lock the car with the fob, all is good, mirrors fold, and NO double fault beep. I also did the same with the driver window open, and when I unlock I could feel the mechanical lock trying to move a little but not enough to unlock fully.

Secondly, as mentioned the central locking and seat memory buttons are completely dead, no lights, no function.

I not entirely sure if these issues are or are not related as I don't know how the modules are related.

Could the lock issue just be the actuator needs replacing?

Anyone know any common causes for those buttons on the driver door to fail? Could it need a new module of some sort? (changed the fuse to no avail)

And lastly, are these issues likely to be linked by some module issue maybe?

Thoughts anyone?

Post #225115313th Sep 2021 9:07 pm
webego

So I have now converted over my IIDTool and read the faults. Had a bunch of old stuff so cleared them, drove around for a bit and pulled the faults again.

I have the following faults:

B1108-11 (2F) Driver's door central locking motor - General electrical failure - circuit short to ground

So I have now ordered a new actuator in the hope that will sort it. I've also ordered a used door module from ebay just in case. Could this short also be preventing the seat memory and central locking buttons on the driver door to be dead too?

P0480-13 (2F) Fan 1 control circuit - General electrical failure - circuit open
P0528-00 (2F) Fan speed sensor circuit no signal

Not sure what is going on here. If this relates to the main fan, I can confirm that this is still spinning when the engine is running. So not sure what the issue is?

U2101-00 (2F) Control module configuration incompatible

Am I right that this is quite common, unresolved with no immediately obvious side effects?

And lastly, no specific fault showing, but I can't switch off the AC. I have full control of all AC features and all works well. But when I turn off the AC button, the light goes off but the AC continues regardless. Any ideas?

I appreciate that is a lot of issues. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Post #225126414th Sep 2021 1:20 pm
ballast

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Others with far more wisdom than I will be along soon, but the drivers door definitely sounds like the actuator. There is an actuator repair thread on here worth a look too and a good Powerful UK vid for fitting if you're not sure on what to do, it's a bit fiddly but not bad.

Wouldn't have thought the door actuator would impact on the seat controls.

Don't know about the fan fault code - is it relating to HVAC (i.e. internal blower) or engine fan?

U codes you can generally ignore.

AC - goodness knows - have you pulled the fuse to actually stop it and then replace to see what it does?

Chris

Post #225126914th Sep 2021 1:53 pm
webego

Quote:
Wouldn't have thought the door actuator would impact on the seat controls.

Yeah, my thinking too, thus ordering a door module too just in case. If that doesn't sort the buttons, I can try a replacement set I guess.

Quote:
Don't know about the fan fault code - is it relating to HVAC (i.e. internal blower) or engine fan?

The engine fan as far as I can tell from a bit of googling. I'll have another look at that and see if there is anything not attached properly but as mentioned, it is running (just the ECM doesn't know it)

Quote:
U codes you can generally ignore.

I thought as much. Thought I would ask though in case this is a know actual issue that needs addressing.

Quote:
AC - goodness knows - have you pulled the fuse to actually stop it and then replace to see what it does?

I looked through the manual and couldn't find a specific fuse for this. Will look again tonight and try that though.

Thanks for the response Chris

Geoff

Post #225129114th Sep 2021 4:06 pm
webego

Replaced the actuator last night and that has fixed the locking Thumbs Up

However, the memory and locking buttons on the driver door are still dead so yep, not related. I tried a different door module but that didn't work at all so non the wiser about the cause. Not sure how to debug this.

Can't find a specific AC fuse. Looks like that wasn't introduced until >= 2014 (Mines a 2012). Again not sure where to go from here.

Also noticed that if I sit in the car for 5 to 10 mins with power on but AC and radio turned off (although fan still going as described above), I get a message saying entertainment etc will be turned off in 3 mins as the battery is low.

Sounds like some kind of short maybe?

I had a look around some of the options in the IID and they don't seem to be correct either. Would it be worth/safe/advisable to run a Vehicle Reset via the IID?

Post #225162416th Sep 2021 9:34 am
webego

Can someone help me out with a sanity check here and do a test for me in your own car?

Turn on the AC and Auto and then turn off the AC button. Does your fan continue to keep blowing? Albeit no longer cooled or heated by climate control.

Post #225180216th Sep 2021 11:52 pm
webego

To add to the above, I realised today that if I turn off the AC (when Auto was also on), I can turn the fan down a couple of notches to turn it off completely. Seems like an odd default to always have the fan going a little bit.

Post #225213718th Sep 2021 10:02 pm
webego

Oh, and I figured out the cause of the two fan related faults. There was a cable detached next to the engine fan. The fan looks relatively new so I think someone has had a replacement fitted and they forgot to reconnect the sensor cable which was tucked away off to the side.

Post #225213818th Sep 2021 10:06 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >