Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Double Din DVD player
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
steve62

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Double Din DVD player

After reading some posts on here about double din dvds i started looking around the net for one, there seems to be lots of cheap ones out there that seem very good for the money. I jumped in at the deep end and with out much research i ordered a xtrons td716 for £150. Well to cut a long story short my advice is dont buy one its rubbish, you get what you pay for. The spec sounded very good tv, dvd, aux in, usb in, ipod control, bluetooth phone.
Well pluging in the ipod touch, the sound only comes through the ipods speaker and not the car, the unit sort of controls the ipod but with no ref on the unit screen so you need the ipod visable to see what you are doing.
Plug in the usb and all it ever says is NO USB. Managed to pair my nokia N95 ok, now the unit has a built in mic but you seem to have to shout loud for the other person to hear you. also after pairing when you return to the car it seems to reconnect when it feels like it, i use the phone in 2 other cars and it works fine so i think the phone is ok, i have since found out that the n95 is not totally compatable its to new apparantlly! But even if i did have a phone that works with the unit you need to re pair it every time you use it.
If you are going to by a double din unit all i can say is do what others have done on here and by a known make like kenwood etc.
Im now going to reinstall the factory unit and find something else to control my ipod, ive been looking at the parrot mki9200 phone kit/ ipod control any comments on this one?
Oh and btw every thing i looked at on the net said that i did not need a arial adaptor to fit another head unit just the wiring conversion loom, well you do need a arial adaptor.
All in all im feeling pretty Crying or Very sad

Post #56856721st Dec 2009 9:04 pm
simoniz

Wales 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Interesting cus I have an Xtron , unsure if its the same model, and it does everything you mentioned and more all dandy Shocked

Units been very reliable and delivers ,use bluetooth streaming for iphone to unit music delivery which is awesome and always pairs up no issue when I come back to the car !!!. If I use the ipod connection can control it by the touch screen but limited as its for an ipod not ipod touch or iphone by design.

Sounds like you got a lemon unit to me.

Adding the reversing camera at Xmas also ..........

I admit the Kenwood unit is the one to aim for if you got bottomless pockets cash wise but @ £150 you do get alota kit for your buck !!!!!

Which fascia kit did you get ??

Unsure who you bought it through but the UK representation is sound and always willing to help.

Confused

Post #56863521st Dec 2009 11:01 pm
steve62

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

funny you should say that because i saw a video on youtube of an older model xtrons unit which seemed to have different operating software on it and that looked to be working great even with a ipod touch, had play list menu' on the screen ect.
Not sure what make surround i got but it needed a bit triming to fit the unit and could only seem to get a black one when the rest of the dash is grey.

Post #56864721st Dec 2009 11:14 pm
mikeyp

United Kingdom 

the unit has a warranty, right?

Post #5728382nd Jan 2010 10:40 am
simoniz

Wales 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

All Xtron stuff carries a 12 month warranty when purchased from New - they have UK representation to sort any issues and have a repair centre in London.

Thumbs Up

Post #5728432nd Jan 2010 11:02 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >