Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

Dog Bars Question
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
MikeS2005

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hi
I actually use mine to put stuff in I cant get wet its Scotland I live in all seasons in one day so you could go out one day in scorching sunshine and come home to a foot in snow

Post #53927424th Oct 2009 10:51 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MacLeod 313

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

IMHO, just looked at mine, and discount the folding UP issuse. BUT, if you were thinking about Re=engineering a OEM I would cut the guard in the centre, top bit and seat back bit seperated, hinge it and enable the top to fold down rearwards to become a type of parcel shelf.

It would need some additional tabs to fold out to rest on the trim to enable a folded rest, and certainly do'able

Post #53927724th Oct 2009 10:58 am
John_Houghton

Germany 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Just to clarify ... my original question was about the solid fold up half height dog guard not the netting or soft solutions. I am now thinking I am going to keep the Volvo bars and look at retro fitting them into the D4. Maybe a custom made mounting bracket made up from a frame around the boot area or possibly custom mounts using the hand grips for the very rear seats (that's actually a question ! as I don't get mine till next Friday does it have ceiling mounted hand grips at the very rear as these could provide a possible mount point without and damage to the roof material??)
Should make for an interesting project anyway ! The bars when used in a Volvo certainly seem very robust and would provide the protection we are looking for, if not the very strongest solution, better than naught !
Regards and thanks for all the comments
John

Post #53931224th Oct 2009 12:28 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >