DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

Discreet winch mount fitting for LR4
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
roofer

United Kingdom 2013 LR4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Santorini BlackLR4
Discreet winch mount fitting for LR4

Little advise please and help please,
I have purchased a new LR4 couple of weesk ago and need somebody to fit a discreet winch on it.
Most company's i have spoken to haven't done 1 before and don't fill me with confidence, can anybody recommend anybody in the Northwest.
Thanks in advance. Thumbs Up

Post #100968426th Nov 2012 10:38 pm
DingMark

Iraq 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

I've had one on my D4 HSE 3.0 for over 2 years. The discreet mount was made by "Uncle Ray" who lurks about on this site. The biggest challenge was trying to carry the mount on the Qantas flight from London to Oz (ended up in the hold, but the relief pilot had a D3 and was interested in the mount). It fitted just fine - the only modification was to fit a 12,000 lb hydraulic winch to it. The solenoid is mounted onto the winch body and can't be moved, so a small notch was taken out of the plate. I have some photos in my profile that show some of the hook-up details. The instructions were pretty easy, but it took some time to mount myself. "Uncle Ray" may do the install himself or knows of someone near to you (then again, to West Aussies, everyone is close to everyone else in the UK Mr. Green ).

One thing to be aware of is that the discreet mount replaces the bumper, so there's no bumper underneath the headlights (might be an insurance issue but you don't have roos to test bumper systems like we do). The mount also requires that a baffle to deflect air into the radiator be removed. It doesn't seem to impact on the cooling too much. I just got back from a trip to the Pilbara region of West Oz (the region is pretty much all iron ore) pulling a camping trailer and the ambient stayed level at 46 deg C for most of a day, but the coolant temperature didn't budge all day. It was so hot that the Goodyear MTR I had on my roof rack (2nd spare) melted just a bit and was stuck to the roof rack.
 Jim Dowell - D4 HSE TDi, 12,000 hydraulic winch & hidden winch mount, MTRs, TyreDog, Traxide 2 x aux battery system, fixed air compressor, Dolium roof rack, MitchHitch.
RIP 2005 D3 HSE V8 5 seater gold (stolen and torched) 

Post #10129253rd Dec 2012 11:50 am
SHARKYSHARKS

England 

Speak to Wiggs he has done one on his Thumbs Up
 MY18 D5 HSE LUX😎
MY12 Freelander SD4 HSE
44 Tonne 12 Litre 6x2 Scania T cab (Current)
Freelander 1 (Wrote off 😫)
Ex D1
Ex D2 GS
Ex V8 D2 GS
Ex D3 S
Ex D4 GS
Club skip ya lockers !!!
Club BAS remote heater !!
Club Duratrac
Club Phillips DRL
Club Prospeed Rack Mk 1
Club Prospeed Rack Mk 2
Club Sankey
Club RLD spare wheel protector

Post #10129403rd Dec 2012 12:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >