Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

Discovery 4 - False floor?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Jetlag

South Africa 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Discovery 4 - False floor?

Hi guys, I am in process of building my Discovery 4 for a round the world adventure and do not need seats 6 & 7 as I have a drawer system in the back.

Can someone shed some light on the commercial version floor? We do not have those in South Africa and I am looking at removing the 2 seats as that's a lot of usable space and weight savings.

If you have designed a floor I would really really appreciate it if you could share your design?

My rear at the moment

Disco 4 SDV6 HSE with Compomotives, BFG 265/65R18s, BigCountry drawer system, Melvill & Moon covers, NL 52L fridge, FR Spare Wheel Carrier, FR Roof Rack, Tenco RTT, FR 50" LED Bar, dual spots, Lift Rods, Mantec Snorkel, C-TEK Dual batt system, 270 Ostrichwing, Maxtrax, Icom ID-5100, Icom ID-51 as secondary, IIDtool BT
Follow my adventures on Instagram @XpeditionAfrica

Post #207049623rd Jul 2019 4:34 pm
Biggles330d

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

These might help - 2015 Disco4 commercial, as installed from new by LandRover.
In addition the rear windows are blanked off with plastic inserts but these are just bonded to the standard glass. Rear windows are inoperative but all the door trims are as standard.
All the side panel trims are as standard as is what looks to be much of the carpet under the false floor.
It's perfectly flat from tailgate to behind the front seats, but you'll see from the pictures, there's quite a bit of dead space underneath the plywood to achieve this. Good for stashing away stuff out of sight.

Post #207183928th Jul 2019 3:26 pm
Jetlag

thanks Biggles but did you attach photos? I cant see any?
 Disco 4 SDV6 HSE with Compomotives, BFG 265/65R18s, BigCountry drawer system, Melvill & Moon covers, NL 52L fridge, FR Spare Wheel Carrier, FR Roof Rack, Tenco RTT, FR 50" LED Bar, dual spots, Lift Rods, Mantec Snorkel, C-TEK Dual batt system, 270 Ostrichwing, Maxtrax, Icom ID-5100, Icom ID-51 as secondary, IIDtool BT

Post #207184528th Jul 2019 4:18 pm
Biggles330d

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

sorry thought I'd uploaded them. Hopefully attached now....

I presume the underlying frame is fixed to the same bolt locations as for the seats, although they use security nuts/bolts to make it harder to convert things back as the commercial version here comes with some tax advantages.

Post #207187028th Jul 2019 6:34 pm
Jetlag

If I could buy you a beer I would buy you 2! Thank you, thats exactly what I was looking for!!!

When we do our trip driving from Cape Town to Europe and onwards to the UK we should catch up!

Post #207188028th Jul 2019 7:11 pm
CongoBoy

Zimbabwe 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

This has also helped me with my build. I must add that this post from Irek was along the same lines and very helpful!!

https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/camping-storages-trip-182139.html
 2008 D3 HSE Stornoway Grey (UK)
2008 D3 HSE Izmir Blue- South African Spec. (Zimbabwe)
2005 FFRR SC V8- Java Black
1995 D1 300 Tdi Blue - (Sourced from the UK, shipped to Namibia, driven by me to RD Congo, then Zambia, now retired in Zimbabwe) 

Post #207190828th Jul 2019 9:38 pm
Biggles330d

No probs, happy to help.

Post #207191728th Jul 2019 10:35 pm
HarryO

2015 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Posted same question on other chat but this one is newer so will post same here..

Bloody Fantastic mod!

Looking at this I see two possibilities for a built in stainless ~40L water tank.

1) where 2 rear jump seats were - What volume do you get under that section of rear floor?

2) In the footwell where the rear passenger doors open? Looks like more than enough volume here.

In both cases it’s a nice low centre of gravity - much lower than 2 jerrycans on the roof rack.
 Land Rovers never get bogged! - merely delayed
Land Rovers never break down! - merely fail to proceed.
Land Rovers never leak oil - it’s a built in anti-rust feature

Discovery 4 TDV6
Discovery 4 TDV6 (Stolen)
Discovery 3 SE (Sold)
Discovery 2 (Sold)
Defender 110 (Sold)
Series 2 (Chev 4.1 Motor & S2A Gearbox) (Sold)
Toyota Hilux bakkie (Ute) (Broke it) 

Post #20734424th Aug 2019 2:44 am
Jetlag

I am looking at doing this exact mod. One of the guys in the LR community in South Africa did it and managed to fit 58L water tank in there.... although it involved a lot of custom fabrication of the tank.

Fitting a straight forward tank in the place of a seat I think you would easily get away with 10 - 15L on each side Smile

Post #20735054th Aug 2019 11:27 am
HansTorgeir

Norway 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 4

Biggles330d wrote:
These might help - 2015 Disco4 commercial, as installed from new by LandRover.
In addition the rear windows are blanked off with plastic inserts but these are just bonded to the standard glass. Rear windows are inoperative but all the door trims are as standard.
All the side panel trims are as standard as is what looks to be much of the carpet under the false floor.
It's perfectly flat from tailgate to behind the front seats, but you'll see from the pictures, there's quite a bit of dead space underneath the plywood to achieve this. Good for stashing away stuff out of sight.

I think this is almost the same setup as mine come with, from Land Rover in Norway, but mine are all aliminium, and they put carpet on the floor. The wall up to the front seats also looks a little different. I will take some photos of it in the mornig, and put them up here.
 Hans Torgeir
Discovery 4, 2011 

Post #208282511th Sep 2019 2:00 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >