Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Discovery 3 MOST Bus diagram
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Yeah I think so.

And runs along the sill inside to the front (left side)

Post #209130510th Oct 2019 8:28 pm
MELISCAT

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Great, will let you know how I get on. Hopefully it will be dry on Sunday as I am working on Saturday.
 Mike  
Post #209131710th Oct 2019 8:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MELISCAT

Update

Just a quick update, checked the voltage at the TMC single wire after putting on a new connector - got 12.1V, however the TCM module is not producing an output on the optical socket. It does however function when fed with a voltage provided by my power probe. I have had the unit out of the car and tested it on a bench 12v supply without problems.

I traced the single red wire that supplies the 12v to the unit - the wiring loom had already had a modification made to it - unknown to me as I have owned the car from new! The cable is actually in the same loom as the optical cable going back to the audio amplifier, so it is running down the drivers side (RHD) were it then enters the drivers side foot well and appears to enter a multi connector. I have run out of daylight for the moment so I have isolated the supply to the Traffic Management module and fitted a optical loop in the cable to get both the sat nav and radio back up and running. Will investigate further subject to time and the Weather.
 Mike  
Post #209289516th Oct 2019 6:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MELISCAT

Location of connector C2777?

Does any one know were connector C2777 is located or splice point SJ299 on the infotainments system. The connector and junction carry the 5 amp fused 12 volt feed for the TMC module.
Thanks
 Mike  
Post #209293416th Oct 2019 8:26 pm
MELISCAT

Update - TCM Faulty?

Looks like the TMC has developed a fault. If it is powered up out of the car or on a separate 12v feed in the car once the power is removed, it will not power up straight away, sometimes it will not power up at all. Have ordered a second hand unit from eBay, hopefully it will cure the fault. If not I will ditch the TCM function and run the car without it.
 Mike  
Post #209416421st Oct 2019 7:10 pm
MELISCAT

FAULT SORTED

I was able to locate the C2777 connector in the drivers footwell, cable was intact up to the connector, but was shorting from there to the TMC unit, which was also faulty. I replaced the faulty cable at the connector and ran it in next to the original wiring loom. TMC is up and running with a new module (from eBay) and everything is working ok now. Thanks for all the help.
 Mike  
Post #21045748th Dec 2019 10:24 pm
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Excellent Thumbs Up

Post #21045848th Dec 2019 10:56 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >