DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Discovery 3 - Airbag Warning Light
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
markwalsham

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Discovery 3 - Airbag Warning Light

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all enjoying the nice weather at the moment in the UK. Had a lovely spin the D3 today!

Anyway, I only collected my D3 this week, 2nd Hand from a dealer (not LR or Main Dealer) and all seemed ok until a couple of days ago I noticed the airbag SRS warning light was on all the time.

My D3 went into my local garage who I trust 110% - and he connected up the diagnostic kit and I get the following error:-

B0096 Risght side restraints sensor 1

To my ignorant and untrained eye, I would asssume that this is to do with the seat belt rather than the ABS, so has anyone any experience of this error?

Am planning to get the repair under warranty provided by the dealer, so no biggie, but as always, I want to know what the issue is myself!

Cheers, Mark.

P.S. - if you need an excellent garage with great value and great customer services in Clacton-on-sea or surrounding area, you should check out Canberra Carriage Company - they are superb - just ask for Mark or Keith
 Land Rover Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE
Land Rover Discovery 2 TD5 ES Auto 

Post #64925115th May 2010 11:58 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DN
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I had this light on a couple of years ago on mine, it required a new pass seatbelt pretensioner to fix it, so it's perfectly possible that yours is the other side, there are other causes of this also though, such as loose / damaged wiring connections under the seat.

Post #64926715th May 2010 1:47 pm
geoff.

England 

clock spring Thumbs Up

Post #64934115th May 2010 6:49 pm
WOODY179

United Kingdom 

I had this last month, had to have a new pasenger side front crash sensor fitted and that fixed the probem. I was also getting the seatbelt not fastened warning for the passenger seat which turned out to be a faulty sensor in the seat.
 1996 Discovery 1 300TDI ES Biarritz Blue, sold
1999 Discovery 2 TD5 ES Rioja Red, sold
2002 Discovery 2 TD5 ES Buckingham Blue, sold
2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Adriatic Blue, sold
2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver, sold
2011 Discovery 4 SDV6 HSE Nara Bronze, sold
2016 Volvo XC60 D5 AWD Lux Nav Twilight Bronze, sold
2020 Range Rover Evoque P250 First Edition, Nolita grey, sold
2023 Range Rover Evoque P300e Autobiography, Carpathian grey 

Post #64936015th May 2010 7:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
markwalsham

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Done some digging

Thanks guys,

I did a little bit of digging with my trusty LED Maglite and had a good look under the seat and checked all the wiring connectors and nothing seemed adrift, nor was there any visual evidence of the seat rubbing the wiring under there.

I then remembered a post I read about the door wiring loom, and I inspected the wiring joint between the D3 and the door. The rubber/plastic boot that covers this seems a but loose, so I gave it a wiggle and tried to secure it a little better.

Insert key, start her up, and the airbag SRS warning light goes out.

Wiggled the door loom again, and on it came again.

So I am pretty sure that the issue is a loose connector from the door loom to the door itself.

Going to take it the LR guys in a few days, so it should get sorted.

Thanks for all the advice offered.

Cheers,

Mark.
 Land Rover Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE
Land Rover Discovery 2 TD5 ES Auto 

Post #64938015th May 2010 8:27 pm
DigitalJunior

United Kingdom 

Had this red light come on dash today whilst moving. If you stop and switch off/on it goes off but then when you move it comes on again.

Another car backed into my D3 front brumper on the driver side yesterday at the dealer - could this be the cause ?? Any help appreciated thanks.
 23my Range Rover Sport D300 Dynamic SE  
Post #66485525th Jun 2010 5:28 pm
jdea

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I had an issue like this. I re-seated the plug under the drivers seat, all good now.... Get you clock spring changed first though!!!

Post #66496926th Jun 2010 3:53 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Could be?

Click image to enlarge
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #66498726th Jun 2010 7:44 am
DigitalJunior

United Kingdom 

Thanks Thumbs Up
Post #66503426th Jun 2010 10:10 am
zig

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

I notice that the expiry date on the service action is 31 July 2010 and that "Repairs must be complete and Warranty Claims accepted for payment prior to the expiry date". So there is not long to get it done if it has not already been done.

Although it mentions Warranty Claims, I assume that the service action will be done free of charge for all vehicles in the VIN range although they are MY2005 and MY2006 and hence will be out of warranty.

Post #66544627th Jun 2010 10:01 pm
caverD3

If they argue on the warranty, point out that it is safety issue as it can affect the ability of the drivers air bag to deploy. Idea
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #66548228th Jun 2010 1:18 am
DigitalJunior

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the information - it goes in tomorrow. I'm guessing whilst the red air bag light is on the bags wouldn't deploy if needed so that is a safety issue.
Post #66550928th Jun 2010 7:10 am
DigitalJunior

United Kingdom 

Right the dealer has confirmed that the SRS light is a Rotary Coupler failure at cost of £190 + fitting + vat.

Pointed out the above recall and the car has already had it done in January 2009.

Where do I stand now if its failed again after having the work done already but over 12 months ago ??
Post #6668331st Jul 2010 8:30 am
caverD3

Do you have proof that it was done?
I would still inist it is replaced again as they must have put an old aprt on. Idea
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #6669521st Jul 2010 1:40 pm
DigitalJunior

United Kingdom 

Update is that the recall work doesn't involve changing the actual part but involves a gromit and some other small parts to stop the failure. Parts are a few quid from what I can gather.

Anyway as the rotary coupler has failed even after the remedial work done last January 2009 the parts and labour was free today so very happy again.
Post #6669871st Jul 2010 3:05 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >