DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Discovery 3 2007 electric heated seats
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Ronhayes

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 3
Discovery 3 2007 electric heated seats

Hi All
I am in the process of installing heated electric seats in my newly acquired disco 3.
Now i know this is a old thread on here but hoping this reaches (theanswers) as he had some photo's of him rewiring from the HEVAC to the footwells in the car .
I have tried to get the plug for the HEVAC but not had much success and was hoping to find out from each pin in the HEVAC plug to which pin in the footwells.
I will add some photo's of the HEVAC to show what i mean .
Or maybe some one else can shed some light on this issue for me.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you all Ron

Post #20257875th Feb 2019 5:26 pm
Ronhayes

Hi All
Sorry to open this topic again with the heated seat saga but i am having some problems getting them to work ?
Now as you can see from the photo's i sent for a HEVAC for my basic Disco 3 and i have also bought two front electric heated seats. Now i have fitted the seats and i have carried out the bypass of the memory module as mentioned in another thread and the electrics are working fine.
But i am having headaches with the heated seats .
Now as you all know the wiring from the foot wells to the seats is in place but the wiring from the HEVAC to the foot wells is not in place ? After hard searches i finally found someone who had a dash harness with the heated seat loom in it so i purchased this from him and set about stripping out the part of the loom for the heated seats , Now on the plug from the HEVAC there are six wires two heavy grade green wires with a white stripe and one blue with a grey stripe one blue with a move stripe and two light green wires.
While i was stripping the loom out i observed that the two green with white stripe wire were joined together and coming out the loom as one green with a white stripe , now i don't think this was altered by anyone as this was buried in the original loom and covered with the cloth type tape as done by the manufacturer . by stripping out the loom i could see the longest wires and plugs were for the drivers side and the shorter wires and plugs were for the passengers side. Now after removing the foot well kick plates i had access to the connectors and could see where to connect the wires too it was self explanatory as if i had a blue/grey coming out of the bottom of a connector but no blue/grey going in from main loom then that was it plus the position in the conector was the same as the position in the conector in the replacement i had acquired. so i was able to connect one blue/grey and one light green wire in the one foot well and one blue/move and one light green wire in the other foot well so all good and the connectors were the same as what was on this new loom a 22 pin green connector and a 12 pin grey connector in each foot well.

Now this is where my problems started the two green/white wires that merged into one green/white wire went to a green 12 pin connector and there is no 12 pin green connector in either foot well so i did not know where this green/white wire should be connected ? but looking at the under side of a complete engine compartment fuse box that i have for spares i could see a similar green/white wire that was connected to the 25 amp heated seat fuse, so i made a temporary connection to that fuse in my fuse box so i now had 12v to the connection of the HEVAC . But the seats still did not heat up and if i used my multi meter to check for power on the blue/grey and blue/move wires while pressing the heated seat buttons they did not go live they stayed at zero volts but the buttons on the HEVAC light up and the light green wires have about 5 volts on them. So now i am stuck has anyone had this issue and sorted it out could the HEVAC be faulty ? or am i missing something ? and where would this green/white wire need to be connected ? will i have to make a connection some how to the 25 amp fuse?.
Any help please would be very much appreciated.
Can't understand if or what i am doing wrong surely the blue/grey blue/move wires should receive 12 volts to supply the heated seat elements when you press the heated seat buttons ?
Does any one have any idea what's wrong ?

Any input would be great if any one can help.
Thank you all.

Post #202888815th Feb 2019 10:27 pm
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

I think the engine needs to be running.

Did you connect the 2 thin wires to each seat ? These are temperature sensors.
Light green (pin4 LH, pin5 RH) and black with green stripe (pin 13) common to both seats

Yes light green/white pins 1 & 2 need connecting to the fuse under the bonnet, number 7

Post #202889115th Feb 2019 10:40 pm
Pete K

reading your post again, you seam to have missed this wire

black with green stripe (pin 13) common to both seats

(pin 13 is on a different connector at the switch panel!)

Post #202889715th Feb 2019 10:58 pm
Ronhayes

Hi pete K
There is no black wire with a green stripe coming from the HEVAC plug i fitted ?
And i have not altered any wires on the seats apart from when i altered the wires on the memory module wires brown/green i think and black to bypass the memory module on the drivers seat.
Are you saying that the wires going from the foot wells to the seats need a black/green wire added ? or do i need to add a black/green wires from another plug on the HEVAC down to each foot well plug to a black/green so they connect to the both seats ?
I really do appreciate your help thank you.
P.S i did have the engine running while testing.

Post #202890715th Feb 2019 11:28 pm
Globetrotter448

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

This may help

Post #202897916th Feb 2019 10:09 am
Pete K

You can click on this image link to enlarge
Click image to enlarge

The black wire with a green stripe comes from a different plug than the one you have been working with. The HEVAC panel has 4 plugs.
Look on the large one with the twisted yellow wires on the loom you have out of the car.
You should find the black/green wire in that (pin 13). It needs to run to the seats, (I assume via the side of the footwells)

Last edited by Pete K on 16th Feb 2019 11:34 am. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #202899716th Feb 2019 10:55 am
Pete K

the green/black wire seams to end up in a different connector in the footwell than you have been working on. The green one?

Post #202900216th Feb 2019 11:20 am
Ronhayes

Thank you pete K / Globetrotter448
I will check out today and post my results .

Post #202900316th Feb 2019 11:35 am
Erea

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Does the CCF need to be changed to tell the car there are heated seats fitted?

Post #202956418th Feb 2019 12:11 am
Ronhayes

Hi All
Update on the heated seat issue.
A big thank you to pete K , Globetrotter 448 and Erea.
I now have them working the front seats that is. As that was all i was after.pete K was spot on it was the black green wire that was not connected .
The power wire green /white that had to go to the 25amp fuse 7 did present me with some issues as i could not find the connecction inside the the car for it to connect to ? And was not prepared to stripp out all the dash to find it . So i managed to run it from under the dash to the engine compartment and into the back of the fuse box then connect to the green/white wire under the fuse 7 and add solder to ensure a good connection then taped over the joint, it was a real mission to feed the wire from inside the car to engine compartment but i got there in the end.
And now all working fine.
I also fitted my Parrot handsfree system it is the MKI 9200 system which gives me phone connection through the radio and also it has a usb,ipod,aux connections while i had the dash out so all is good now.
And no Erea i did not have to program the CCF to enable the heated seats to work.

Post #203034920th Feb 2019 11:11 am
AndAway

Poland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 3

Could you measure the resistance of the termistor? I am struggling to fit heated seats into D3

Post #235288812th Nov 2023 8:17 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >