Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Blackbox Solutions

Discount code
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
sparkysteve
 


Member Since: 08 Jul 2017
Location: cheshire
Posts: 126

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3
Discount code

Do we have a discount code for Blackbox Solutions?
Thinking of ordering the steering wheel boards.
Many thanks
 D3 HSE 2.7 TDV6 named Calvin with him stuffed Tiger Hobbes sat in the back  
Post #210559913th Dec 2019 1:13 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
davidhem
 


Member Since: 21 Feb 2013
Location: Kenilworth
Posts: 710

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 3

I don't think there is any discount, I have the boards in my D4 heated steering wheel along with the paddle shifters, it all works really well, there was a huge amount of work went into developing them for what is quite a small market so discounts are probably a no no.
 David

 
 
Post #210571813th Dec 2019 2:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
geoffsnook
 


Member Since: 13 Jun 2014
Location: south wales
Posts: 3169

Wales 

No it is what it is on there site Thumbs Up
 Discovery 3 se gone
Range rover sport supercharged here:) 
 
Post #210573613th Dec 2019 4:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
Littlewill
 


Member Since: 14 Sep 2015
Location: Lincolnshire
Posts: 484

England 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

davidhem wrote:
I don't think there is any discount, I have the boards in my D4 heated steering wheel along with the paddle shifters, it all works really well, there was a huge amount of work went into developing them for what is quite a small market so discounts are probably a no no.


I've been looking at the paddle shift mod but it pretty expensive. How often do you find yourself using them? Do you need to first put the Disco in Sport mode (slide the stick across)
  
Post #210592014th Dec 2019 12:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
Moo
D3 Decade 


Member Since: 13 Aug 2010
Location: Wiltshire
Posts: 13967

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Do people actually use paddle shifts? I've had them on several cars but never used them.
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 
 
Post #210592514th Dec 2019 12:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
Ambit
 


Member Since: 12 Dec 2017
Location: Wales UK
Posts: 231

Wales 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Vienna GreenDiscovery 4

Let us know how you get on I bought the last set of boards about two years ago from them and they said it was the last set and weren’t making any more.
  
Post #210593114th Dec 2019 1:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
Aerialmark
 


Member Since: 21 Jun 2015
Location: Burnley (Where the M65 is cobbled)
Posts: 5191

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Moo wrote:
Do people actually use paddle shifts? I've had them on several cars but never used them.

I didn't "wire" the paddles up to work when i had a heated wheel put on and tbh I've never missed having them. I rarely use the sport shift (Or whatever name they have for it Embarassed ) I like the heated wheel though. Im just going to have to repair it as the 12v cable from back of 12v socket has burnt where it connects to the clock spring. That will be a job for tomorrow if i can't get out on my bike.

 The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
They just make the best of everything they have. 
 
Post #210594514th Dec 2019 2:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
ianm27
 


Member Since: 02 Jun 2016
Location: Hertfordshire
Posts: 2154

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Littlewill wrote:
I've been looking at the paddle shift mod but it pretty expensive. How often do you find yourself using them? Do you need to first put the Disco in Sport mode (slide the stick across)


No, the flappy paddles will work in normal driving mode. They are fitted on mine but TBH the only time I've ever used them is when I accidentally hit them
 Uncle Ray's spare wheel protector
Limo Tint
Blackvue front & rear dashcam
Cruise control switch pack
Bodsy's remote for FBH 
 
Post #210595314th Dec 2019 3:09 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
davidhem
 


Member Since: 21 Feb 2013
Location: Kenilworth
Posts: 710

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 3

Littlewill wrote:
davidhem wrote:
I don't think there is any discount, I have the boards in my D4 heated steering wheel along with the paddle shifters, it all works really well, there was a huge amount of work went into developing them for what is quite a small market so discounts are probably a no no.


I've been looking at the paddle shift mod but it pretty expensive. How often do you find yourself using them? Do you need to first put the Disco in Sport mode (slide the stick across)


I rarely use them for day to day driving, but they come into their own when towing heavy loads, having the right gear for the road conditions makes for much safer towing. I also like them off road and in the snow.

Yes you do have to slide the gear lever over to engage them, unlike the D4 8 speed.
 David

 
 
Post #210604014th Dec 2019 7:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Post Reply
Display posts from the last:  
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >


Posting Rules
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



DISCO3.CO.UK Copyright © 2004-2024 Futuranet Ltd & Martin Lewis
DISCO3.CO.UK RSS Feed - All Forums

DISCO3.CO.UK is independent and not affiliated to Land Rover.
Switch to Mobile Site