gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up

Post #21114057th Jan 2020 8:50 pm
rowlejohn

France 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

All done !! Thumbs Up

All back together and working fine.
Because I had run the engine to try the system before putting the interior back, had a multitude of communication faults relating to the suspension, SRS and transmission. Cleared all of them with the SDD and for good measure put the gearbox into adaptive learn.
Just need to sort the tools and other bits & pieces away and give the interior a clean out. Did the outside today so at least the load of mud that accumulated before I started the job over a couple of weeks ago-remember it was over the Christmas/New Year period and I had to wait for parts.

Special thanks to Gary for his brilliant input.....I will cut the matrix in half and let you have pics Bud, will probably have to do it in Macro mode on the camera, the tubes, as you know are quite small in section.

Well worth removing the drivers side console frame, rather than butchering it in order to get the matrix out. Hardest part was fishing for the steering wheel airbag retaining clips but once I had removed it all became clear.Used an old wire coat hanger with a hook end, just wide enough to fit into the slot on the wheel. Keep the hook parallel to the steering column and level with the tool touching the front end of the slot. At a guess, the spring is about 2" inside the steering wheel and needs quite a bit of pull to release it. Once you have released it, it's easy to find the opposite one. When refitting the wheel (I presume the steering was set at "Straight ahead" position), double check that the yellow marker is showing through the window on the Airbag clock spring unit.

Bow down Bow down Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
 Relocated to Mid France from N. Wales March 2021
Rovacomlite and IDD/ SSD diagnostics user
Previous Landies
3.9 SE Classic
3.5 V8 Disco
4.6 P38 HSE
L322 Vogue HSE
TD4 ES Freelander 1 

Post #21117789th Jan 2020 7:47 pm
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

That’s brilliant and pleased I managed to help in a small way

Bless u and will be interesting to see how much junk it takes to block the matrix up , useto do the same with heat exchangers on boilers, as it gave me an indication of how much junk was in the system

Ah yes , took me ages to get the steering wheel off but indeed then once u know how it comes off and how much force u need to pull those springs, see there a line on the end of the steering colour and wheel so can line them up

Also imagine SWMBO will be over the moon that theres heat now on the passenger side Thumbs Up

Once again top job mate Bow down

Post #211183710th Jan 2020 12:54 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >