DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

Different Headrests?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
kathk

2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4
Different Headrests?

Hey guys,

just done my first overland tour (15h Hong Kong - Shanghai) and I found that the headrests in the LR4 are one of the most uncomfortable I ever head. It's not a big problem when driving, but it's annoying when sitting in the passenger seat trying to take a nap. There is virtually no way to prevent my head slipping to the side.

Can I replace the headrests with ones that have support on the sides? (Like the headrests in a BMW/Benz, where you can pull the sides to the front so that the headrest has a V or U shape)
Something like this:

Maybe Ranger Rover headrests, or will headrest from other car manufacturers fit?

How are you guys coping with the problem on long tours? Getting a neck pillow or anything better?
 2012 D4 SDV6 HSE - Heavy Duty, Alpine Roof, Sidesteps, modded LR RAI, Stebel Nautilus, Trailer hitch cargo carrier - Best Car I've ever owned
2013 Mercedes GL500 - Iridium Silver - The Missus' car <- new A/C right after purchase, new motor mounts after 40k km. No problems with the Disco whatsoever. Very Happy 

Post #114711023rd Aug 2013 4:46 am
amazing

China 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

adding to the head restraint to make it a head rest will affect any whiplash claims

many ppl here add what looks like a stuffed bow tie but it sits under the skull in the neck area ..not safe..but comfy..
My head supports itself quite happily without the need of a support just a few mm infront of the head restraint.
 It is better to have and not need it then need and not have it.  
Post #114711623rd Aug 2013 6:36 am
kathk

2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

amazing wrote:

My head supports itself quite happily without the need of a support just a few mm infront of the head restraint.

I don't use the headrest when driving either, I'm looking for something that makes it possible to sleep in the.passenger seat without my head sliding off to the sides.
Those neck pillows everybody is using here don't prevent that either, they just make you get a stiff neck.
 2012 D4 SDV6 HSE - Heavy Duty, Alpine Roof, Sidesteps, modded LR RAI, Stebel Nautilus, Trailer hitch cargo carrier - Best Car I've ever owned
2013 Mercedes GL500 - Iridium Silver - The Missus' car <- new A/C right after purchase, new motor mounts after 40k km. No problems with the Disco whatsoever. Very Happy 

Post #114713123rd Aug 2013 7:13 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >